12

————————————————————————

Walking outside to stand with my adoptive siblings in the rain for our 'fathers' funeral was not on my list of top 10 things I wanted to be doing right now. For starters, I was hungry.
Secondly, I don't wanna be near Luther right now. Finally, I needed a drink.
"Would anyone like to say a few words?" I snap back into reality as pogo speaks.
"Here, this will cover you." Klaus whispers.
"Thanks." I whisper and huddle under the children's umbrella with Klaus.
Pogo begins talking about the type of man he thought Mr.Hargreeves was. "And he leaves behind, a complicated legacy." He says before being interrupted.
"If your gonna pay your respects, go ahead, but don't lie about the type of man he was!" Diego says at Luther and pogo.
"Diego..." Vanya starts.
"My name is number 2. Because dad couldn't care enough and had mom pick our names." He says interrupting Vanya.
"Watch your mouth Diego." Luther warns.
"Out of all of us, you should be agreeing with me number one!" He starts. "Look at what he did to you!" "Stop it!" "He had to send you thousands of miles away" "Diego!" "Because he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Diego finishes.
Luther couldn't stand it anymore and charges at Diego. Pogo tries to stop them, and Five goes inside claiming he doesn't have time for this. Diego throws punches left right and centre, only a few landing. Luther punches and dodges expertly.
"Hit him! Hit him!" Klaus screams.
"Bottle of vodka says Diego wins." I say to Klaus.
"Deal." He says smirking.
As the two continue fighting, they move close to Ben's statue. Luther throws a punch at Diego, however Diego ducks and Down goes Ben's statue. At that moment, Alison leaves and Vanya looks towards Diego.
"Diego no!" She yells just as Diego hurls a knife at Luther. It cuts his arm and Luther covers the wound and runs inside. Vanya and Diego exchange some words before both go inside. Klaus speaks to the pile of ash in the courtyard before shoving his cigarette in it and joining the others inside. I follow suit and soon enough, we're all inside.
I wander until I find Diego in the living room, pouring himself a drink. I decide to keep him company and sit beside him.
"You doing okay Diego?" I ask, watching as he pulls out a bottle of bourbon and a separate glass. "Yeah. I'm just questioning Luther's methods of this whole situation." He says and takes a sip.
"Yeah, I mean to think that one of us killed dad? That's just crazy." I said with a sigh.
"Yeah." He says and pours me a glass as well.
"Thanks." I smile. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try and talk to dad would it?" I ask in the tone of voice, pleading that he'll say 'nah, don't bother'.
"It wouldn't hurt Alex." He says looking up at me.
"Ughhh fine. I'll give it a try." I say finishing my drink then leaving to go somewhere quiet.
I end up outside, sitting on one of the benches on the grounds near an area surrounded by hills. I sit cross legged and close my eyes. the drugs are wearing off, as I haven't had any since before Klaus and I arrived. I focus on dad and his spirit. I calmly begin to pull and tug him forward. I stop abruptly when I hear moaning and scraping. I open my eyes slowly and then realize how much of an idiot I am. I choose to sit right near the fucking mausoleum.
"Shit!" I yell panicked. I breathe heavily and try to focus on releasing.
"Release. Release please!" I mumble fast.
I'm assuming Klaus and Diego heard my commotion and quickly came outside to see what's wrong. "Alex what the fuck-" Diego starts as he hears the scraping of bones against the mausoleum doors. "I was trying to talk to dad, and then this sorta happened and I'm trying to release it!" I say quickly and the scratching intensifies. I squeeze my eyes shut and focus all of my strength into releasing these ghosts from their corpses. When it goes oddly silent, I open my eyes and sigh in relief.
They're gone.
"Alex I had no idea that you could still-" Diego starts.
"Raise the dead? Yeah I know. Pretty shitty." I say standing up. Klaus walks over and pulls me into a hug. He strokes my hair and kisses my forehead before we all head back inside. We all find our separate rooms and go do our own thing until we all feel tired enough to go to bed.
In the middle of the night, I jump up in bed, scared. The voices were yelling at me, screaming at me. It was odd and terrifying. I make my way to Klaus' room next door and crawl into bed with him. He's still asleep and I cuddle into him. We sleep peacefully for the rest of the night.

Waking up, I was burrito-wrapped in a comforter that smelled like weed. Klaus.
"You feeling better Alex?"
"Yeah, thanks." I say with a soft smile.
Klaus wraps his arms around me.
"So, what's the plans for today?" I ask, being released from the hug.
"Well, I'm not sure. What would you like to do little eight?" Klaus asks.
"I wanna get to know five more, can we see him?" I ask, chuckling a little at the old nickname.
"Of course little eight, anything for you." He says and Klaus and I go up to Fives room. As soon as we enter he forces both of us into his wardrobe and tells us to be quiet. He closes the door and we hear him and Vanya talking about something or other. After she leaves Klaus and I basically fall out of the closet.
"Adorable. All that talk of time, and help, and family." Klaus speaks while getting up.
"Shut up." Five snaps.
"So you just need me to be your dad for a little?" Klaus asks.
"Yes." Five says.
"What's our backstory?"
"What?"
"Was I like super young when I had you? Like 16?"
"Sure"
"And your mother, that slut! Whoever she was, we met at..." he trails off.
"The disco. You met her at the disco!" I say excited and oddly invested in this.
"And you can be his sister!" Klaus exclaims excitedly.
"Thats a glimpse into that thing you call a brain." Five mutters.
"Don't make me put you in a time out mister!" Klaus says as we walk off.

This is gonna be a fun adventure.