20

————————————————————————

Klaus and I stumble down the streets trying to find Luther. After checking the party happening back a few blocks, to say we were tired was an understatement.
"I didn't sign up for this! I didn't sign up to save him!" Klaus argues with Ben.
"He's not ready for the world Klaus, we need to keep searching, even if he is a colossal asswipe." I say while shivering. Klaus nods and rubs my arms. We're about to turn around and look somewhere else when we overheard two girls talking about a large hairy man. Klaus and I share a look and run into the warehouse building. Once inside all I could hear was the loud edm music and the bass shake my chest. I look at Klaus and his eyes go wide as he stares into the distance. " shit." He and Ben say at the same time. I follow their gaze and see Luther, no shirt, and dancing wildly. He's defiantly on some form of drugs. I look back at Klaus and see him shiver. "You can wait outside if you want Klaus, I know how hard this must be for you right now." I say to him, thinking of his newly sober self.
"No, no. He would do it for me. I have to help him." He says before striding forward. I grab his hand and walk behind him, in hopes to not get separated.
"Luther! Luther!" Klaus and I yell, trying to get number 1's attention.
"Brother! Alex!" Luther yells over the music. He jumps down and embraces Klaus in a tight hug.
"Come on, we need to get you home Luther!" I yell over the music.
He looks at me oddly.
"No! This is my home now!" He says while dancing.
"Have you ever had one of these?" He asks us while holding up a pink pill. We both nod. Klaus looks conflicted, I run circles on the back of his hand with my thumb. He looks notably more relaxed.
"Yes. Yes we have." Klaus speaks for us.
"It's amazing! But my mouth is so dry!" Luther yells about to take the pill. Klaus suddenly takes the pill and throws it away.
"Why did you do that?!" Luther yells at Klaus.
"Good for you, I'm proud of you!" I say to him.
Just then, a rave girl comes down and starts dancing with Luther. She takes him back to the podium and they continue dancing. Klaus looks as if he's about to explode, so I go and set him down in a corner.
"I'll go get us some water, stay right here okay?" I shout over the obnoxiously loud music. He nods weakly and I push my way through the crowded warehouse to the back, to find the bar.
A quite good looking young man comes up and looks me up and down.
"Now what can I get a lady like you?" He asks smoothly.
"Just two waters please." I say ignoring the way he's eye-raping me. He smirks and turns around to grab two glasses of water. As I turn to look back at Klaus, I don't realize that he dissolved a pill into one of the waters. He hands me the drugged water first, then the other one.
"Thanks." I say about to pull out some change.
"It's on the house." He smirks. I smile awkwardly and quickly run out of there to find Klaus. I take a big sip of my water on my way there, and realize that Klaus has moved from where I had left him. He is currently getting beaten up by another big guy.
"Luther! Luther help!" He yells out for his brother. Luther ignores him and continues to dance with the chick from earlier.
"Klaus!" I yell and drop the waters. I run towards him and was about to throw the guy off of Klaus, when a wave of dizziness took over me. I stumble over to Klaus, who sees me fall to the ground before the guy on him throws him to the ground as well. I close my eyes and everything goes dark.

Waking up was not fun.
I slowly opened my eyes and see that I'm somewhere new, somewhere unfamiliar.
"Klaus?" I mumble looking around the room.
"He's not coming for you. Not this time." A familiar female voice says.
"Don't tell me your-" I begin.
"Yup!" She says and I groan.
"What the hell Cha Cha." Hazels voice sounds from the doorway.
"Hazel? Jesus I'm gonna die again aren't i?" I ask to no one in particular.
Hazel storms over to Cha Cha and it's only then I realize that Cha Cha has another older woman tied up in front of a hot tub.
"Agnes? What are you doing here?" I ask her. She looks back at me and smiles sadly.
"I was waiting for hazel when Cha Cha came back and tied me up." She says.
"It's gonna be okay, I'll get you out of here Agnes." I say with confidence. She smiles at me and our attention is drawn to Cha Cha and hazel who are now fighting. Every time they hit the platform that Agnes is on, her chair moves backwards.
"Agnes!" I yell and break one arm free of my restraints. I quickly remove my other ones and rush to grab her before she falls backwards into the boiling water. I grab her and bring her down, I was about to untie her, when a gunshot is heard. I feel my blood pour out of my stomach and I crumple to the ground.
"God damn it Cha Cha." I say as Agnes screams.
"Shut it doughnut whore!" Cha Cha yells at Agnes. I don't remember much of what happened next. Just that hazel took Agnes and I, and tied up Cha Cha. I remember hazel dropping off Agnes somewhere safe, saying he'll be back once he takes me somewhere.
"No hospitals." I mumble to hazel. He look at me worriedly.
"Where do I take you? You're bleeding out." He asks while speeding down the empty streets.
"Klaus." I mumble before feeling a wave of tiredness wash over me.
"Don't you dare close your eyes!" He yells at me while pulling up in front of the academy.
Hazel carries me to the academy and knocks on the door. Five opens it holding a margarita.
Once he sees me he rushes hazel inside and to the living room. "Just put her down on the couches." Five says calmly.
"Shouldn't we take her to the hospital? She's bleeding out!" Hazel asks in complete panic.
"She'll heal herself or resurrect. She'll be fine." Five says.
"Five." I mumble. He looks over to me.
"Drugged. Healing. Klaus." Is all I had the energy to say before feeling tired again.
This seems to have grabbed fives attention.
"Alex." He asks receiving no response.
"Alex! Stay with me!" Five says louder. I open my eyes weakly, coughing up some blood as well.
"Alex What are you saying?" Five asked sounding rushed.
"At the rave...drugged water.." I begin, only to cough some more.
"You had some drugged water? At a rave? Why the fuck were you at a rave Alex?" Five asks disapprovingly.
"Luther. Get Klaus and Luther." I mumble before once again, feeling a wave of drowsiness and nausea. Five jumps away and runs down the stairs with Klaus very shorty after.
"Alex! I thought I'd lost you!" He says before realizing my condition.
"Alex! Fuck! What happened?!" Klaus asks panicked. He quickly takes one of the throw blankets and applies pressure to my wounds.
"Rave, drugged water." I say feeling my eyes close.
"Alex!" I hear Klaus yell while shaking me a little. I open my eyes and cough some more blood. His eyes widen as he realized what's happening.
"Any of this making sense to you?" Five asks rushed.
"Yeah." Klaus says sadly.
"Well?" Hazel asks.
"We went to the rave to find Luther, and she went to get us water. The bartender must've drugged her water, that's why she collapsed in the warehouse. But I don't understand why she's not healing? Maybe the drug is preventing her from accessing her powers..." Klaus trails off, eyes wide with realization.
"She could die!" He and Five say at the same time. They quickly pick me up and take my to the medical room, and get to work. Hazel helps out seeing as he's had to take care of himself on missions.
They finish and pray that I'll wake up.