Chapter Four

"Watch where you aim that shit!" Max screamed as he flinched in the corner of a fence in Ohm's backyard. "And why are we testing it on me? I'm already hanging out with you, you fucking psycho!"

"We have to make sure it works." Ohm reasoned.

"There are literally seven billion fucking people on this planet and you choose me?"

"Then Satt?" Both Ohm and Max turned to look inside and see Satt watching TV, licking a Popsicle, and laughing. "If this works, I don't really want him following me around."

"Good call." Max said. "Why don't we just wait to test it on someone you would actually like it to work on?"

"But that'll take forever!" Ohm whined as he plopped down in a lawn chair beside the pool. The was a pause that caught Max off guard. He rubbed the back of his head, let the silence sink in, and thought.

"...Want to play Tricky Towers?"

==========================

Silence fell for the first time since the game started as the other three leaned in, waiting for Evan to take the final shot so they could move onto the next hole. Unlike most days, Evan was trying to do well at the game as Nogla had promised to pay him in the event that he got a better score. There was something to fight for and that made for an interesting round of golf. His ball sat inches away from the hole. Brian leaned in and brought his voice down to a whisper as he began to commentate.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Evan is up. He is a three time world champion and is fighting to keep his title. He has a small lead against his opponent, if he can make this shot, he can keep it and secure a victo-"

"Tiger!" Evan screamed as she swung the club as hard as he could and knocked his ball out of the course. It was his last shot. "You're lookin' at the golf master, boys."

"Lies!" Delirious screamed. "It is I. I am the golf master."

"It is I." Brian mocked. "I am the bitch master."

The group moved on to the next hole placed almost randomly in Evan's backyard. On the way, Delirious flicked his head back in an effort to get his hair out of his eyes. After a bike race gone bad, he was forced to cut his mask such that it ran along his hair line. But as his hair had grown a considerable amount in length and he had no time to cut it, this turned out to be a nussaince. When he finished, he took a look at the score card and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Nogla asked.

"You and Evan are so far behind."

"I thought I was first!" Nogla snatched the score card and looked it over. Brian had taken the lead by a difference of twenty points some time while he and Evan had drifted into this useless battle. Nogla growled and mouthed off some incoherent sentences that ended with something along the lines of, "I'm gonna fuck ya', Brian!"

"Don't fuck me." Brian told him. Nogla continued to look down the score card and came to a stunning realization.

"Holy, fuck! Brock was playing?"

"This is a bad game!" A voice called from the backyard patio. The group turned and found Brock sitting on a lawn chair with a glass of lemonade.

"He's in fuckin' last." Nogla giggled. The group reached the next hole and began. Nogla fulfilled his promise to sabotage Brian and it left him in third place near the final hole. Nogla took first, followed by Evan. And Brian was followed by the golf champion of the world, Delirious. On the way to the final hole, Nogla presented an opportunity for his friend.

"Delirious, you could beat Brian." He claimed. "All you have to do is fuck him with me."

"I didn't consent to this three way!" Brian chimed.

"Sweaty nerds don't have opinions, Brian!" Nogla screamed. "I'll keep him from the hole and you go."

The round began and Nogla did as promised, knocking Brian off the course and earning groans from his friend as a response. As a result of the sabotage, Evan and Delirious tied for first, followed by Nogla. And very last came Brian.

"Golf champion of the world!" Delirious screamed.

"Fuck this game!" Brian cried.

"Right!" Brock called from the patio.

"Let's play Mario Kart." Brian suggested.

"Not any better!" said Brock.

"Fuck that game." Evan growled.

"I can't drive in any game, man." Delirious mumbled to himself. Nogla raised his hand in the air as if he were in school.

"Don't cry, Brian. I'll play with ya'. Get the controllers, I'll turn on the TV."

The four of them regrouped with Brock and went inside. Brian unzipped his backpack and rummaged around for the controllers, but came to a startling realization.

"Fuck!" He cursed. "My fuckin' Pro-Controller isn't here."

"So, what you fuckin' cheat?" Nogla asked. "Use a normal one."

"They're all broken." Brian explained. "I was doing fine with this one, but I loaned it to... Aw fuck."

"What?" Evan asked he he plopped down on the couch beside Brian's backpack.

"Ohm has my fuckin' Pro-Controller. I have to get it from that fuck."

"Come on, then." Nogla said as he shrugged on his coat. "I need to beat yer' ass again, Brian. Let's go."