Chapter Twenty Six

"Ta-da!" Ohm said as he pulled back a red curtain. Behind it sat a set of racing uniforms that some of his friend's GTA characters were known for. He himself wore his own; black, heavy rubber boots and a black and red jumpsuit. The group began to try and figure out exactly whose suits were hanging in front of them by staring intensely at them. Whoever's suits were there would be racing. Scotty saw his pink suit.

"No! I've suffered enough!"

Anthony saw his.

"Well, we're fucked."

Finally, the last suit...

The group heard sobs and turned to find Marcel, actual tears in his eyes. "I-I, don't... I don't wan-, I-I can't d-, wah! I fucking hate GTA races!"

"Marcel, come on." Ohm begged.

"Fuck you, Ohm!"

"But if you don't race, you all lose and you won't get everyone back." The speech seemed out of place coming from Ohm and even more so because he was being sincere. Strange considering he was the one who kidnapped them. The man holding his friends hostage was now trying to convince Marcel to at least try to get him back.

"Fuck that! Two other people are racing, only one has to beat you! I forfeit."

"Oh, this isn't a four man race." Ohm told him. "This race is between you and me. Jiggly and Scotty are just there to help you!"

"...Ohm, please..."

"Come on, Marcel. You have to try. I gave you help! Maybe you could come up with a plan! Jiggly and Scotty could knock me off the road."

"No."

"They could keep me from accelerating."

"No."

"Marcel."

"I can't do it! Make someone else take my place."

"Marcel, this isn't just about getting everyone back. How great would you feel if you finished a GTA race? Good, right? You have everything you need to win! You have Jiggly and Scotty to help. All you have to do is try and you'll succeed!"

''...I don't know, Ohm."

"You have nothing to lose!"

Marcel took a deep, deep breath. He huffed loudly and started whispering encouraging words to himself. "Come on, Marcel. You got this." He turned to Ohm. "I'm ready."

Ohm made a noise. It was one that no one could recreate, but they all knew the meaning; he was happy.

They converged in the mountains overlooking Los Santos, hands on the wheel, and eyes focused straight through the windshield. Here was the path; down to the bottom of the hill and then to Sandy Shores. From Sandy Shores to Vespucci Beach's bike shop. From the bike shop back to the peak of the mountain. It seemed short, a simple drive, but given the history of all four drivers, this was bound to be disastrous. There would be flipped cars, crashed, and much more total destruction and immobilization. The four revved their engines. Evan and Brock had made signs with glitter to cheer Marcel on. Max leaned into Ohm's window to give another pep talk.

"Ohm," he began, "don't fuck this up."

"...Aw..."

"What?"

"I thought you were gonna say something encouraging."

"Was that not encouraging? Don't fuck it up. That's basically saying I believe you can win if you don't fuck it up."

"Oh."

"Read between the lines, Ohm. They have one on us. They only need two more."

Meanwhile, Marcel was getting his own pep talk by Craig.