Chapter Two

Yaoyorozu had disappeared back upstairs to retrieve more guests, and Midoriya had settled in on the couch next to Kirishima. He tried not to make any eye-contact with Bakugo, afraid he would snap at him like he usually did.

The green-haired boy had sat on his phone, at the same time watching Bakugo and Kirishima play their video game on the large T.V screen.

"I'm surprised you actually came Bakugo, you kept blabbering about how you wouldn't show up," Mina commented.

"It's not like I wanted to," Bakugo grumbled as his hands fidgeted on the game-controller, his red gaze shifted over to Kirishima.

"I actually convinced him," the spiky-haired teenager admitted proudly, his noticeably pointy teeth shown beneath his lips. "Don't go rubbing it in everyone's face!" Bakugo snapped, shoving Kirishima by the shoulder.

Several minutes after that, more guests had arrived. Mineta, Todoroki, Tsuyu, Tokoyami, and Koda had joined the group in the basement, all waiting impatiently for the others to arrive.

"When are we going to play with that Oujia Board Tokoyami brought? I'm getting kinda bored playing this game," Kirishima complained, setting the game controller on his lap.

"We have to wait for a few more show up," Hagakure explained. "I also heard she has dinner being prepared for us."

As the others had their own conversation, Midoriya looked over at Todoroki, who sat silently on the floor with his legs crossed. Maybe I should talk to him? Midoriya thought.

"H-Hey, Todoroki," Midoriya greeted his friend, Todoroki looked up at him. "Oh—hey Midoriya."

"How's your day been?" he wondered, trying to start a friendly conversation. Todoroki shrugged, "Okay, I guess. What about you?" Midoriya smiled slightly, "Uh, well, g-good. Thank you for—"

"Hey Todoroki!" Mina had caught his attention as she called Todoroki's name. Everyone seemed to peer creepily at the red and white haired teenager, Midoriya became confused.

"We were curious—" Mina had started off, quickly being interrupted by Mineta. "Can you actually laugh?" he asked almost immediately. Todoroki stared at them with a blank and unreadable expression.

Everyone in the room seemed to fall quiet, intrigued for his answer. He stayed silent for a few moments, then muttered, "Yes, but why do you ask?"

"We're not trying to be rude, but you barley ever smile. So, we want to try to make you laugh,"  Mina explained, determination shown in her bright expression.

Todoroki had sighed, "You're wasting your time, but whatever, it's worth a try."