New Year's Eve (Part 2)

Justin's P.O.V

We locked eyes.

There she was, the girl I had been looking for all night.

She quickly pulls her lips into a smile, but I can tell it wasn't genuine.

"Hi

"Hi." She says quietly.

Her eyes look sad and I can tell from the redness at the tip of her nose, and her slightly smudged eyeliner that she had been crying.

"Are you okay?" I ask her concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks." She tries to walk past me but I stop her and close the bathroom door behind us.

"Justin, please move out of the way. Someone's waiting for me." She says.

"I don't care. What's wrong?" I wipe my thumb under her eye catching another tear, and wiping off some excessive eyeliner that had smeared.

She grabs my hand, closes her eye, and holds it against her cheek for a few seconds before pulling it away from her.

"I'm just ready to go home, that's all."

"I can take you home, whatever you want." I assure her.

"Justin, there's really no need to-

We were interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

"Yo, Vivian! You in there? It's me, Kells."

It took everything in me not to open the door and tell him to fuck off.

Vivian looks at me. "Do you know how bad it'll look if he sees us in here together?" She whispers.

"So?" I say. Who cares what he thinks?

She rolls her eyes and pushes me behind the door.

She opens it and smiles at him. "Hey sorry, I just had to touch up real quick." She tells him.

She closes the door shut behind her.

I pressed my ear against it to hear what they were saying.

"Jesus, you made me look really dumb out there." He tells her.

I frown. What the hell?

"What do you mean?" Her voice is timid and I could tell she seemed ashamed of herself.

"Vivian, these people are A-listers and you're out here breaking shit."

"I'm sorry, it was an accident? We're all human beings here." She says to him.

"Don't you think you've already embarrassed yourself enough at that fashion show or was that not enough?" He scoffs.