Minus One

The next day came and Ratchet proceeded to give Ultra Magnus his new 'hand.' They all waited in apprehension as Ratchet finished, "I've done everything I can considering the limitations of my equipment, and less than ideal spare parts. It remains uncertain if Ultra Magnus's new appendage will be fit for battle...thought it should prove functional after the requisite amount of therapy." Ratchet concluded solemnly to Optimus.

"That is all we can hope for, old friend." Optimus said trying to reassure him. Nova smiled from her spot next to Optimus the nodded towards Ultra Magnus as he began waking up.

"You doing ok?" Arcee asked Wheeljack.

He curled his fists, "I'm still two-fisted."

"So's Magnus." Arcee said as Ratchet began tending to Magnus again, helping him come out of the induced power down.

Smokescreen turned to face them, "Wait and see, the claw's gonna become his signature-you know, like the way you own that voice box Ratchet slapped in your throat!"

"How do I own it?! Do you realize the communication barriers I have to deal with! I hate this thing and would much rather have my voice box back! I could care less about it being a signature!"

"I mean, you know, everyone understands you fine! Why would you even consider getting it fixed now, am I right?"

"Watch it rooky before you get my servo in your filters." Bee stalked off.

Nova walked over to Smokescreen, "Not the best choice of words, Smokey."

Bee beeped a few more select items and Miko turned to Raf, "Whoa, what'd he say?"

"Bee's kind of still attached to the sound of his own voice-his original one." Raf explained.

Bulkhead tried to lighted the mood, "Hey, look at the bright and shiny side, Commander Magnus and 'Jackie single-handedly put the kibosh on Project Predacon."

Optimus walked over to the group, "Though at least one beast that we know of remains-the one who has demonstrated the ability to transform."

Suddenly, Fowler runs up to the group on the balcony stating,"Prime! We have trouble brewing. The cons staged a smash and grab Los Alamos Nuclear plant last night and made off with twenty tons of control rods."

"What are the Decepticons looking to build?" Optimus asks out loud.

Fowler leaves to take care of official business while the rest wait for further orders. In the meantime, Ratchet was scanning Nova's body privately requested by Optimus. He explained about her strange powers and how she almost utterly destroyed the cave. As Ratchet finished scanning, he turned to Optimus.

"Well, I ran some scans concerning the AllSpark energy and Dark Energon inside the her. She appears to have control over her powers, but unlike humans, the dark energon has no effect on her. Actually, it doesn't even seem to be corrupting her mind or poisoning her. Primus and Unicron's powers never coexisted," Ratchet said.

"They did at one point, Ratchet, when Primus and Unicron coexisted together as Order and Chaos in The One," Optimus said.

"Uh, Who's The One?" Nova asked.

"An extra-dimensional entity that created Unicron and Primus," Optimus explained.

"Why?" Nova asked again.

"Perhaps another time I will tell you," Optimus said gently. Nova frowned at first but decided to let it side. She placed her hand on her chest, where her spark reside. "So does that mean I accidentally tapped into dark energon and the Allspark energy at the same time?!" Nova stated