Chapter 5

Hello, bunnies! I'm back! You have no idea what kind of emotions I had writing this chapter... Sorry for the long wait sweeties, especially @prettyMarquis and @RuouNii I'm really sorry to have broken my promise girls. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

The world seemed too cold.

It felt like my skin was coated by a thick layer of ice as a prickling sensation spread across every inch of my body. My ears were numb, void of any sound. My closed eyes felt an enormous pressure refusing to open them up. My lungs burning with lack of air.

There was a heavyweight pressuring from both above and beneath my body. Like a silver thread entwined on my waist pulling me further and further into the depths of obscurity.

It's suffocating me...

And there it was, the irritating yet haunting voices of laughter echoing in my head. A creepy sensation crawled up my spine sending shivers across my body, followed by the mocking laughter of the people I had cared for. The worst that stood out was the deep chuckling sound of His Majesty ringing in my ears. Incoherent phrases soon flooded from all directions one after the other. It reminded me of the time I was dragged around the city and humiliated in front of my people. They were accusing, insulting and rejecting my very being and ashamed of my existence.

"Son of a whore!"

"Your birth was a mistake, traitor!"

"Murderer!"

"You're a hoax. A witch trying to enchant us! Serves you right bitch!"

"Fooling us with kindness! You should be skinned alive you bastard!"

"You greedy dog!"

"Is this how you repay the late Emperor after he had given you everything?!"

"Ungrateful shit! You shall be cursed for a thousand lives!"

My heart squeezed with his last words to me, that left me shattered, "You've got what's coming to you."

The suffocation got worst at every minute passing by. The insides of my head threatened to burst open with the amount of pressure I was receiving.

My eyes forcefully yet slowly blinked opened to the blurry sight of my hands spread open, floating in the air. As soon as my vision cleared my heart dropped at the sight in front of me, my breath stuck at the throat, stunned.

This can't be possible... I must be dreaming...

I was submerging within the calm water that was encircling around me, sinking deeper and deeper into the pit of darkness awaiting below. Panic took over my body as I unconsciously released the ounce of air I'd been holding all along as bubbles escaped through my lips.

An emotion called desperation finally hit me as my head tilted up to witness the shimmer of sunlight rippling on the clear water above, mocking how vulnerable I was. My fingers barely twitched trying to reach out only to grab nothing...

I was surrounded by an invisible prison, my limbs restricted from movement. I tried to flap my limbs with all my strength but I couldn't feel my body, as if it wasn't my body anymore. My lungs were on fire as I fought for every last bit of air. My vision blurred. I closed my eyes, my mind in a turmoil. I couldn't calm down my rising heartbeat.

Was someone trying to drown me?

I opened my eyes once again to reassure it wasn't a dream.

There was a loud bang on my chest as my eyes grew wide with an even greater shock, refusing to believe what I was seeing right now was actually the real thing.