Chapter 15

It was his first Leaders Annual Conference after his enthronement.

They say he is the number one beauty of the two hundred and fifty-six regions.

But rather than a feminine beauty his masculinity was far more apparent.

I'd never seen anyone wear so much gold and gems before.

Be it his head, ears, neck, arms, wrists, waist and ankles, jewels were stunningly wrapped around his body.

Yet the jewels were dull in comparison to his ethereal beauty.

Even to me, who stood above him, he looked out of reach.

An elegant lotus in the mud.

~Anomyous~

**********

"I can't. I'll be going to the capital today for work." Tying the strings of the golden crafted face mask to the back of my head, I adjusted the mask making sure it wasn't crookedly worn.

"No. I finally caught you today! You aren't going to get away like last time brother Ying." Shao smirked in mischief as he habitually clung to my back holding my waist tightly on his embrace.

As his fingers combed through my silky hair, I quickly cut him off, "Sorry Shao, but I really don't have time for your games."

*Shiiiiiing* Shao pulled the sword out of the scabbard which was hanging on my waist. He swung the sword as he admired its lethal edges glistening in the sunlight.

"Hey!" I tried taking back the sword but Shao quickly shifted to the side.

He pouted dramatically at my response one hand clutching his heart and the other at my sword, "Are you picking on Imperial brother's attitude? I know you dislike me but have you started hating me too?"

Observing his movements I shook my head with a smile, "How can you be this foolish? If I hate you I wouldn't have allowed you to roam around my palace so freely."

"..."

My tone grew stern as I lectured him, "Shao, I have told you several times that I dislike you hanging around those places. Early morning you reek of their cheap perfume and it's nauseating. I wish you would take your life a little more serious and start focusing on something useful without wasting your time like this. I don't mean to force you into it. Whether you do as I say or not is your choice. It doesn't mean I hate you neither do I dislike you. I just have things to take care of Shao. You know it better than anyone else."

How could I dislike you when I know you're just a carefree but kind soul? Everyone has their flaws and you have yours. You're just someone who loves his freedom, like a trapped bird who escaped its cage. Exploring whatever that comes into his sight purely out of curiosity. Honestly I wish he could be like this without getting involved in the palace affairs. I only wish he changed one of his bad habits of visiting brothels. Besides that, he was also straight forward and negligent of his sharp words that had earned the hate of those around him. But he was kind when he was needed to.

"I just dislike your habits."

"Hmm spare me some time please dear brother? When was the last time we got to speak? Almost seven months ago! Seven months! That's ridiculous!"

"Shao I really don't have time. But you could come by tonight. I'll spare some of my sleep hours for you, deal? Also as compensation you need to do me a favor."

*Clink* Dropping the sword on the ground he responded, "Yes sir, your wish is my command." He kowtowed. 

"Shao! Could you please stop joking around?" I pulled him up and dusted the sand off his robes. I picked up the sword that was fallen on the ground, putting it back to its scabbard.