crazy about you - steve

pairing: steve x reader

warning: none

summary: steve and the reader have a fight and make up.

---

"we weren't doing anything!"

"oh really? so your hand wasn't on evie's waist? and you weren'ttalking to her at the DX? and your face wasn't inches away from hers?" you crossed your arms and rolled your eyes. "i saw it all, steve."

"babe-"

"don't call me that right now," you snapped. you turned away from him, fuming, and walked towards your bed. you sat down and pulled your legs up to your chest, hugging them tightly. steve tried to sit next to you and wrap his arms around you but you shoved him away.

"seriously? you're gonna be that immature right now?"

"oh, i'm the immature one? excuse me steve, but the last time i checked, you were the one who was borderline cheating, not me."

"y/n, she was the one flirting with me!"

"steve, i could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a better excuse than that."

steve rolled his eyes and sighed. he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, a clear sign that he was getting extremely frustrated. "look. are you calling me a liar?"

"well, that's what you're being right now."

"and you're being a fucking bitch."

your breath got caught in your throat the second you heard those words come out of steve's mouth. you knew that you were letting your insecure side take over and rail on steve for his interactions with evie, but to hear him actually say that was just heartbreaking. you felt tears start to stream down your cheeks, so you hurriedly wiped them away.

"oh, so now you're gonna turn on the waterworks and make me look like the bad guy. great."

you didn't respond, instead, you leapt from your bed and beelined to your bathroom. you closed the door, locked it, then dropped to the ground. you curled up in a ball, hugging your knees. sobs escaped from your throat despite your best efforts to hold them back. your heart felt like it had been ripped into pieces, all because of steve's comment. maybe you were wrong...maybe it wasn't fair to accuse steve of anything. but you'd been so sure that maybe, just maybe, steve still had feelings for evie. and because you loved steve with all of your heart, with all of your being...that was too much to bear.

"baby?" you heard steve's voice from outside of the door. "babe?" he repeated, his voice much more gentle than it had been a few minutes ago. you didn't answer, not wanting to give away that you'd been crying.

"y/n," steve spoke again. "look...i'm sorry. i'm sorry about what i called you. i was just...i'm so frustrated that you'd think that i was flirtin' with evie. i mean i thought i'd proven to you just how crazy i am about ya. there's no way in a million years i'd leave you for her, i mean...damn, i love every inch of ya. everything about you."

you sniffled, smiling softly to yourself.

"can you come out please? i really hate myself for makin' ya feel like this. and i know you're cryin' in there and i feel shit for being the reason why. please open the door. i know both of us could really use a hug right about now."

you slowly stood up and pulled the door open, revealing a very stressed out and remorseful steve standing there. you reached out your arms, allowing him to come and hug you tightly to his chest. his large arms enveloped you, the side of your face squished against his chest.

"i'm sorry, baby," he whispered, kissing your ear gently.

"i'm sorry too, sunshine," you whispered back. you felt him smiling against your ear. and in that moment, you knew that everything was going to be okay.