Prologue- College in 6 Seconds

A/N: This is a Cole x Reader book. Takes place while they're in college.
It may take a chapter or two to set the plot up, but I promise it'll get there. ✌

Note: the total words is without the A/N.
Also, every chapter title has a vine reference and I'm not sorry about it.
ALSO ALSO I'll make a lot of puns references to music, games, and shows. Catch one and comment on it, and I'll give you a request in my omeshots book! ✌

Vine of the chapter: "And this is the derivative of-" "Oh, gotta keep up" "Okay now moving on" "Ah, mAN-"

Words: 291

I often stayed cooped up in my shared dormroom, opting out of social events and such. They didn't spark my interest.
I just never did understand; why party and get wasted, and risk failing classes? Didn't these people know Uni was damn expensive? Smh.
What idiots.

I wasn't about to have to drop out because I was flunking; this stuff is expensive and time consuming, and I just wanted to hurry up and be done with the all of it. No time to have to retake classes; I wanted to get out of here in 4 years, not 40.

No time to party, or go out; I had dropped most of my hobbies, too.
Uni sure did drain energy and motivation from a person, I figured that out fast.
It probably wasn't good, but Uni was driving me mad by this point.

Well, would have driven me mad.
Loneliness can lead to madness, so it's a good thing I had Nya to force me into going outside and socializing.
She kinda 'forced' herself on me at first; talking, chatting, and trying to spark an interest for parties in me wether I talked back or not. It had never worked all too much, until recently.

I had quit being so cold towards her, and opened up a bit more after a while; honestly, the two of us were pretty good friends now.
Which was good, since I was no longer awkwardly rooming with a stranger I didn't talk to. It was a nice change, a welcomed change.
Too nice of a change; Nya had broken my will to be a loner forever, by giving me a taste of companionship.

Curse this vile temptress, not letting me wallow in my lonely Uni life.