like you

That next morning, I was woken up by the feeling of a soft vibration of my cell phone.

Groaning, I tugged the covers over my head for a few moments, trying so hard to ignore the annoying sound.
But, after a few moments of the unbearable sound of the vibrating phone, I caved in and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I asked, voice groggy and full of sleep.

"Oh! Did I wake you up? Sorry, I didn't mean to," Cole's voice spoke, and I immediately woke up a bit more and smiled.

"I mean, yeah, you did. But it's fine! Did you need something or just wanna talk?" I asked softly as I sat up, glancing over to see Nya still in bed for once.

"I was gonna see if you and Nya wanted to meet us for lunch around 11... not sure where yet," The voice over the phone stated in a question-like tone, and I could hear the hopefulness in his voice.

"I'm game. I'll wake Nya up and see if she's down to go too," I responded softly, standing and walking over to Nya's bed.
Shaking her gently, I murmured a soft "Nya. Cole just called, wants to know if we wanna meet the guys for lunch at 11?"

After a few moments of the girl trying to wake up a bit, Nya murmured a tired-sounding confirmation sort of sound and sat up, giving a loud yawn as she stretched.

Laughing a bit, I said into the phone: "We're both down, yeah. Text me when you guys figure out where we're going,"

"Alright. See ya there," Cole said, ending the call.
Smiling softly at that, I laid my phone down and instantly went to go and grab clothes to change into so I could get ready.

"You're sure smiling a lot," Nya sleepily said, smiling smugly at me as she stretched. Her voice was teasing, suggestive.

"I can't just wake up in a good mood for once?" I chimed out, shrugging a bit as I grabbed the rest of the things that I needed to get ready.
Rolling my eyes playfully, I dismissed her comment and shuffled off to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.
I wasn't ready to have this conversation. It was like having "the talk" with your parents. Awkward, unnecessary, and unnerving.
Nya suspected us, I know she did, and I didn't want this talk with her yet.
She was a smart girl; a knowing girl, that pays attention to what's going on around her.

I sighed a bit as I showered, just thinking things over as I let the steamy shower water rinse over my body

When I had been with Cole last night, I had felt so sure that we were meant for one another, and that we would work out well. Last night had left me with so much peace about us. Even if we had known one another for a short time, we had hit it off pretty quickly. I mean, I knew he was a good guy; hell, Nya had talked to him before she had gotten with Jay. He had to have been an amazing guy if Nya talked to him.

Now, I was once again worried that we would tell everybody, then not work out all too well with one another.
I didn't know why. I still felt like we would be good together.
But was I good for him?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, and suddenly I became aware of the frigid cold of the shower.
Suddenly, I jerked out of the way of the water, startled.

"Are you enjoying your twenty minute shower? I need to get ready some time today, so hurry up unless you plan on letting me hop in with you." Nya called through the door, and as soon as she had said it I heard the soft taps of her feet hitting the floor as she walked off.

I sighed a bit, begrudgingly moving back into the cold water just enough to rinse the shampoo out of my hair.
"Sorry. Got a little lost in thought!" I called out, as I hurried and finished.
I dried off with my towel and got dressed, stepping out of the bathroom.
"The water's... maybe a little cold now. Sorry," I said and gave a nervous chuckle, glancing over at Nya apologetically.

"Nah, it's okay. I was only kidding. I showered while you and Cole were out last night. Just needed to pee." Nya said chirpily and grinned at me.

It took a second for me to fully process what she had said, but when I did, my jaw dropped in surprise.
"You knew about me and Cole? How?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"I mean, I wasn't totally sure until you just confirmed my suspicions." Nya said with a smug little grin, and proudly walked off into the bathroom.

"Don't tell a single soul, Nya. I mean it!" I shouted through the door, still feeling shocked.

"I won't," she said chirpily. I could hear the proudness in the raven haired girl's voice, and it rather infuriated me in a way. But she's Nya. I kind of expected her to be the one to find out.

But that just made today even more stressful for me.

I toweled my hair a bit, drying it off some, and picked up my phone. Giving a soft huff, I sat down on my bed and shot Cole a text:

'Nya figured us out, by the way'

'Yeah, I think the guys kinda know too. Guess I shoulda warned you that they're all hyper aware of everything, apparently. Aside from Jay.'

'Great. Now I'm gonna feel all nervous all day. See ya later, lol'

'See ya soon ❤'

And just from a few simple texts, my nerves were eased, and the butterflies were back.

A/n: I'm getting better at posting, yay!
Two updates in a week? It's a new personal record.

Word count: 1,000