half of what

A/N: If you've read this far, thanks for sticking around! I know it's moving a bit slowly but it's hard to build a story quickly without it feeling rushed, for me. :/

Vine of the chapter: "FuuuUCK WE'RE 4 GOD DA** HOURS LATE FOR THIS BULLSHIT!!"
"samantha waKE UP WE'RE LEAVING IN NEGATIVE SIX MINUTES"
"THIS SHOWER'S GONNA BE PTA: PITS, TITS, ASS!"

Words: 1140

---

Nya and I laughed and joked the entire walk to the campus fountain, walking calmly and leisurely even though we had already kept the boys waiting for 15 minutes or so. We were in no rush, just goofing off as we walked. Honestly, I tended to have more fun just joking and fooling around with her than anything; she was just so much fun, and really kept me on my toes with her wild personality. She was fun, and knew when to joke; we teased one another and poked fun, and knew the other was joking every time. It was a good dynamic, and I really did appreciate it.
If her friends were anything like her, today would surely be wild. That, I was completely sure of.

And at first glance, I assumed that yes, there were as wild as Nya. If not, moreso. They looked like complete and total animals, as they waited. Well, 3 of them did, at least.

A brown-headed boy was shoving a Ginger towards a fountain while the ginger protested and pushed against him, as Cole aided the brown-headed boy in trying to throw the ginger into said fountain.
It was apparent that the two boys weren't actually trying to push him in, but were instead only teasing him into thinking that they would; I'm fairly sure they could have easily overpowered him together. I mean, look at Cole; in his sleeveless tank, I had a clear veiw of his bice-

"Nya! (Y/n)!" Came a sudden voice.
Suddenly, my thoughts were interupted. And thank the Lord, because I know I was starting to blush as butterfies flutter amuck in my stomach. Perfect timing, Cole. Perfect timing.

"Hey, guys! Took ya long enough to get here! You're almost 20 minutes late, what took ya so long? Forget where the fountain was?" Cole teased with a grin and suddenly stopped pushing against the smaller boy, which caused the ginger to fall forwards at the sudden loss of pressure agianst him, taking the brown-haired boy down with him. The two ended up in a laughing heap, shoving at one another before getting up apon an embarrassed-looking Blonde's request; a white-haired boy was simply watching, much like a sibling watching their foolish younger brothers. He looked a tad annoyed and embarrassed as well, as if not understanding why they would act that way. I could already tell he was the more mature one out of the bunch.

"(Y/n) over here didn't wanna get up. She seemed oddly tired, even for her." Nya noted and shrugged, making the brown-haired boy a bit embarrassed as well. Nya had no idea; Cole and I had lost track of time and stayed up until 4. That's why I was tired.

Awkward tension. Don't like it. Do not like it at all. And, I wanted to break the awkward tension. So of course, you say something stupid, right? Yep, that'll ease everything right up. Because that won't make it more awkward at all. Noooooo, never.

"Ah- We're not late! You're... just... early... to being late?" I commented, the begining sounding bold. But, I grew unsure, causing me to trail off awkwardly in the end as if it had turned into a question.
The others just laughed a bit, amused at my unsure answer. I had no idea what to say here.
"Oh, Yeah. I must have forgot... Yeah, Early to being late isn't on time. okay," Cole commented sarcastically with a smile, amused at me.
I gave a sheepish smile in return, shyly rubbing the back of my neck and glancing away awkwardly as my cheeks flushed a soft pink.

Damn, why did this boy make me so nervous? I shouldn't be so flustered! I had just met him; there was absolutely no reason for me to feel tis way. It didn't make sense to. You know, because a crush always follows the rules. Mhm.

There were a few beats of awkward silence, until Nya- bless her soul- broke it.
"So, Cole, you know (Y/N), so no need to introduce unless you would like to get to know her better." She said suggestively, making Cole huff and me bite my lip awkwardly. But neither of us had time to respond, as she continued as if she hadn't said a thing.
"But (Y/N), this is my brother Kai, and my friends Jay, Zane, And Lloyd." She explained, pointing to each.
Cole gave a grin. "Or hothead, motormouth, Pinkie, and Blondie." Cole commented, earning a few shoves and displeased comments from the other boys. Though, they were smiling; they really did get along, just in a rough, joking way. I could appreciate that. It was rather funny, how they interacted; similar to Nya and I. That's how you could tell true friends apart from the rest; comfortable enough to joke and tease, but knowing enough to realize when to stop. I could tell they were genuine people, and I for once, fell comfortable in a group of friends.

Smiling more confidently now, I nodded. "Nice to meetcha, motormuth and hothead," I said, waving to Jay and Kai. "and you two as well, Pinkie and blondie! What lovely names you have." I commented with a grin, waving to them, earning a few amused smiles and waves.
I was a bit relieved. I didn't feel all too awkward with them; that probably meant we would get along decently, if not, well. I was very glad for that, at least.

"So, guys. Any options for where to go today?" Nya asked, as we all settled down to sit on the edge of the fountain.
Kai and Cole gave playful grins and held their hands towards Jay as if they would push him in, making the boy huff, not sitting beside the two; but instead sitting beside of Zane. He seemed much too responsible and polite to try and push someone into the fountain; I could tell that for sure, already.

"We were thinking we could go to the park for a while, then grab a bite to eat?" Lloyd suggested, shrugging a bit. No one really seemed to mind where we went. With them, it seemed more that they wanted to hang out than that they wanted to go somewhere. "Then maybe later we can all go and see a movie." He suggested.
No one seemed to disagree, as it was honestly a very nice day to go out to the park; a bit warm, with a soft breeze. It felt nice.

"Sound okay to you?" Nya asked, and I simply nodded.
Everyone stood, and we began our treck to the park.
Once again, lots of laughing and joking and shoving as we walked.
And I was happy for it; I felt comfortable with this group.

I felt welcomed.