how to love

[]I'm trying so so so hard to post more often, but I kept reading this and doubting myself and feeling discouraged. But here it is, I'm not holding off any longer. Sorry for the wait. ❤[]

The date was going very smoothly. That's for sure.
It wasn't awkward or tense, and it didn't seem like either of us were having to try too hard to please the other like in so many other dates.

It was... nice.
It felt so right, so perfect.

"You... you what?" I laughed out, shaking my head in disbelief as I gaped up at the taller, as we walked back to the dorms from our date.

Cole gave a hearty laugh, his face lit up in a way that I never saw with others around; a genuine, amazing smile.
"I swear to it! We were holding Jay up to the Keg, and he just started getting all nauseous and vomited, while the beer is still coming out. Absolute mess, it was the worst party I've ever been to!" He laughed out, making me grin and shake my head.

"It must have been one of your parties then, huh?" I chirped out playfully, making cole playfully shove me and grin.
"Well yeah, but that's totally aside from the point!" He defended with a mock anger, though he could hardly hide a grin.

"Man, I was considering hanging out with you guys more often, but after that story, I feel a little uneasy about it all," I replied with a small smile, scrunching up my nose in mock distaste.
"Besides, I don't think vomit and alcohol would make me look too good in front of you, now would it?"

"Guess we'll have to hang out by ourselves then, huh?" He flirted playfully. "Not that I mind us being by ourselves more often. Though, I do disagree... I think you would still be beautiful in Jay's situation,"
I blushed softly at that, but gave a small laugh. "That is quite possible the weirdest compliment a guy has ever given me. You realize that you just told me I'd be hot while puking up beer, right?" I Laughed out, shaking my head in disbelief.

"I mean, yeah, it's kinda weird. But it's true!" Cole replied back, laughing out.

We just laughed for a moment, walking in comfortable silence as Cole slipped his hand to mine, joining the two together. Giving a soft smile, I squeezed his hand softly, walking a bit closer to him so my head rested on his bicep.

We walked silently, peacefully, just enjoying one another for a while. And this is exactly how I knew we would work out; nothing was forced. If we were quiet, it wasn't awkward. We didn't have to be constantly saying or doing something to be comfortable around one another. Conversation came naturally, and it was all genuine. He was the one, and we could both feel it.

"So... when do you think we'll let them know?" He asked after a bit of walking, which induced a smile on my face. His question wasn't demanding on forced, but more so gentle and just curious.

"I was kinda scared to let them know at first, but now that we've actually went out, and already are so comfortable, I'm ready whenever you think the time is right." I said confidently.

Cole thought for a moment, then smiled.
"Me too. Just let it out next time we're all together if it feels right," he said and shrugged, as we slowed to a stop in front of the dorm room doors.

I nodded as I stopped beside of him, letting my hand linger in his for a moment longer before I placed it on his cheek, stood on my tiptoes, and placed a feathered kiss onto his cheek.
"Perfect. Goodnight," I uttered softly, letting myself fall back into a normal stand. Then, with a gentle smile, I turned and walked into my dorm with butterflies in my stomach, hearing an amazed-sounding

"Goodnight,"

A/n: thanks for reading! Took a while to get out, and is short, but it's progress!
Word count: 633