if i could

A/n: This is where the story starts, so,,, yeah

Chapter vine: "And they were roommates" "Oh my God they were roommates"

Words: 1,020

---

I had never really pictured myself as somebody who would go to a college party. Not at all.
Huh. How Weird.
Weird, because that's exactly where we were headed now.

Damnitt, Nya. You broke me.
You shook me from my bad habbits and caused me to have healthy social interactions- curse you, temptress!
I can't believe she had sucessfully convinced me to come to a party, let alone that I was lowkeye excited about it.
I had never been one to dabble in the party world, just not the most social butterfly. Slowly, because of Nya, I had been getting out more; mostly hanging out with her. But still, an improvement over how I had been before Nya got to me. That was for sure. I just never made any other friends at uni.

"I can't believe I let you drag me into this. You must have a spell on me. I'm bewitched! Sorcerer!" I wailed dramatically as we walked, pointing an accusing finger at Nya as my other hand moved to my mouth in a mock gasp.
The other girl chuckled a bit, shaking her head. "I can't believe you agreed to come. I mean, it's nearing the end of the second semester; finals are soon. Shouldn't you be cooped up in our room, fueled solely by coffee and energy drinks? I'm shocked! My spells must have worked a charm!" She gasped dramatically back, causing the pair of us to burst into a fit of laughter and playful shoves as we neared the end of our annoyingly long treck to the party.

I had gotten along well with the girl from the start; our personalities were so different, yet so alike, that we complimented one another very well.
So, I didn't feel near as hesitant going to a party with her as I did on my own. The percentage of chance that I would go to one alone were in the single digits.
Not gonna happn, chief. Sorry.
But with Nya? Yeah, whatever. I'll chill at some lame-ass party with My friend.

Noted: with my friend.

This party wasn't too bad- aside from the body odor smell of unheigenic college students, poor taste in music, and cheap alcohol.
...Okay, it was pretty bad.
But bearable, until Nya excused herself from our place outside on the patio to get us drinks.

That's when I began to feel a bit awkward. Drunk college boys dancing around, flirting, and honestly just annoying the piss outta me.
I was quit obviously annoyed.

So, why approach?
Never will understand why he approached me. I wouldn't have approached such an angry, annoyed-looking person.
I'd be afraid they'd chew me to pieces or spit venom. Like, damn did I look salty.

"Why so gloomy?" A raven-haired boy had asked as he sat down on a chair next to me. "Don't like the party?" He chuckled out, though I could tell he was sincere.
I groaned a bit, throwing my hands up exasperatedly. "No! everyone's either drunk or horny- or, even worse, drunk and horny- and this music sucks. Like, c'mon; is this hand selected, or did someone look up 'Popular music that doesn't deserve to be popular,' or something?" I said with a soft huff.
The boy, with an amused smile, listened to my rants until Nya came back.

I knew he was amused with me, but honestly figured it was because he agreed or something.
Which promted me to keep going, Cole simply listening until Nya got back. He was letting me get things off my chest, and I appreciated that.

"Oh, (y/n)!" Nya said chirpily as she handed me a drink. "I see you've met cole!" She said, smiling as she sat back down beside of me.
I nodded slowly, a bit confused. "You two know one another?" I asked after a moment. Would make sense; Nya didn't go to many parties, maybe she wanted to see some friends?
"Yeah, Nya and I have been friends for ages; a bit too long, if you ask me!" Cole said with a grin, causing Nya to punch his arm with an amused half-assed scowl. Cole chuckled at the girl.
"Glad I finally drug you out to one of his parties; a good place to make friends. Lord knows you need those." She teased. Normally, I woulda shot back a playful remark, but- this was his party?

The guy I had just ranted to about how shitty this party is... threw the party?
I was mortified! How embarrassing!
My cheeks burned as I glanced embarrassedly to Cole, who simply snickered and stood.

"Nya's got my number. Message me some some good songs later, and I'll make the next party less shitty, just for you." He said with a wink, before walking off.

I was so embarrassed, mortified, undignified!
Oh- hell. Actually, I was flustered. And Nya noticed too.
She grinned like a wolf, winking overdramatically at me a few times.

"So... you and Cole? What happened there?" She asked.
I groaned a bit, rubbing my hands down my face harshly. "I told him the party sucked. Didn't know he was the one who threw it."
Nya gasped. "You didn't!" She said, though looking amused.
"Shuttup," I murmured.
--
The rest of the night, even after we left, I was embarrassed. As soon as we got back to the room, I had went to the bathroom to shower, trying to avoid a barrage of questions from Nya, which she respected. One thing I appreciated about her; she didn't pry too much.
She didn't try to meddle with things, usually. So, didn't expect Cole's number written down and placed on my nightstand.
And I didn't expect myself to pick it up, and put it into my phone.
I sure as hell didn't expect to message him.
But with a sudden burst of confidence, I hit send. It was like I was in autopilot, sending such a stupid-sounding message. I just... did it.

'Alright, Punk. Let's talk music.
-( y/n), the girl who trashed your shitty music'

But after that, we were up all night.