i always thought

Hey guys! Finally back with another chapter! Sorry about yet another hiatus! ^^;;

Soon enough, Nya and I had left the dorm building and were walking towards the restaurants. Once we got a bit closer, Nya's phone began to chirp out that annoying theme song to that stupid show she always seemed to be watching.
I groaned, giving a dramatic sigh as she answered it with a sharp "Hello...? Yeah, that's fine. Maybe figure stuff out before we head out next time though, if we'd been walking the wrong way I would've been mad." She said sharply, though you could hear rhe amusement in her voice. Soon, she had hung up, and turned to me with a smile.

"Cole picked, apparently. We're going to that vintage style diner," she said with a smile.
At that, I smiled and gave a soft nod, (E/C) eyes bright with excitement. I didn't say a thing about this to Nya, but I had actually mentioned this Diner to Cole on our date. I was kind of touched that he had remembered that one miniscule fact that I'd told him.

"Yeah, that sounds great! They serve breakfast all day too, so I can get breakfast still," I stated with a grin, looking ahead as we got closer to the row of restaurants on campus.
"I've actually not been yet. It's still pretty new," I hummed out softly, smiling as I opened the door up for Nya. "I'm guessing the boys went ahead and got a table, yeah?" I asked as Nya stepped inside.

"Yeah, they did. They're not the most rude guys you'll ever meet, but they're definitely not gentlemanly enough to wait on two girls at the door," she said with a soft laugh as she looked around for a moment before seeing Jay waving energetically at her. With an amused smile, she began walking to a table with me following suit.

The restaurant was very homey-feeling and relaxed, which I rather liked about the place. The floors were black and white tiles, the booths red and white, and the resturant over-all having a very vintage, old feel, while still looking clean and new at the same time. It was, in my opinion, perfect for a casual breakfast date with your friends.

Smiling, we both gave the guys a wave in greeting, Lloyd standing from the left, and Zane from the right; so Nya could sit next to Jay, and I next to Cole. I sat with a smile, nudging Cole playfully in the side.
"Good choice in restaurants," I said playfully with a wink, causing Cole to smirk and loosesly wrap his arm around my shoulders. My cheeks tinged a faint pink, though a smile remained on my face.
"Yeah, a super cute, super sweet girl suggested it to me the other day," he said and gave me a soft squeeze, as I moved to rest my head against him.

We had never explicitly come out and told the group we were dating, necessarily, but we also weren't at all trying to hide it. I had told Nya, though I wasn't sure if the guys knew.
At first, we wanted to keep it a secret so things didn't get awkward if we didn't work out. But things just felt so natural between us already, that we didn't quite see a problem with letting it be known.

And I was damn glad about that, too, as I sat in Cole's embrace.
"Oh? You better be glad I'm not as stupid is those bubble-butt, dirt-for-brain girls that hang out at your parties, or I wouldn't have known that that was a joke," I said with a soft laugh and nudged him.
Cole gave a hearty laugh at that, nodding
"They would have really thought that I was talking about some random girl, huh?" He chuckled, as I gave an amused smile and nodded in response.

After a few mokents, Jay- sweet, clueless Jay- stared at us in shock.
"Wait... you guys really are dating?" He asked in surprise, suddenly beaming.

At that, everybody laughed, and I once again just knew for sure that this friend group was where I belonged.

W/c: 700