love like you

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I've been dealing with a lot lately, from mental health, work, school, and moving and stuff. So thanks for your patience. (Some of you at least)
If you want another story to read while waiting for updates, I have a Lloyd x Reader as well! In that one, you're a new ninja, and you find out stuff about yourself and your family that you never knew. Exciting things coming! Go check it out.

"So," Nya started chirpily as she stepped out of the bathroom as I sat on my bed towel drying my hair, and I instantly knew something teasing was coming. Slowly, with a sheepish look on my face, I drifted my gaze to her, though it was downcast a bit. I took my towel off of my hair, and waited.
"Was this the guy's plan, or was it that Cole wanted it to be just you two and everyone else decided to invite themselves?" She asked teasingly as she plopped down on her bed, putting on some socks.

I groaned playfully at her, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, totally. We had a hot 11 am lunch date planned, and you all ruined it." I said, voice sarcastic and dramatic as if she had wounded my very soul.
"Way to ruin the mood, cockblocks!" I exclaimed dramatically, throwing my arms up in the air.

Nya let out a laugh at that, grinning over at me.
"I hope you know I'm joking, by the way. Whatever it is that you and Cole have, I'm happy for you both. Cole's never really been with a girl that's... well, to be blunt, liked him for more than his muscles and brawn. He really sees something in you, I can tell." She said, smiling softly and lovingly over at me as she spoke.

Me, feeling all awkward and embarrassed, of course had to say something to change the subject.
"Man... I wander what it is that he sees in me, then." I said with a small laugh, though not really feeling humored by my statement at all; I still felt embarrased by what Nya said. Yeah, Cole and I had an instant connection, but I was still new to this relationship- or, truthfully, new to relationships in general. And I was still pretty shy and nervous about this.

But, thinking about Cole eased my nerves and fears a bit. Ironically enough, however, thinking about him made me nervous in other ways. Like the butterflies in your tummy, blushing, stuttering and stumbling over words kinda way, ya know? And I didn't mind that. He gave me butterflies, and I loved that about him as much as I loved his big-

"Earth to (Y/N)! Hello?" Nya exclaimed jokingly, waving her hand in front of my face as she leaned forward to be able to reach due to the distance between our beds.

"Oh! Yeah, sorry. Got distracted." I said and gave an embarrased little laugh, smiling shyly at her.

"Yeah, by the thought of Cole," Nya said in a sing-song voice, smiling smugly at me.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed some socks and slipped them on.
"You act like you never get that way with Jay, you nerd," I teased back, causing the girl to dramatically cringe as I said his name.

"Ah! Every time I think of him, I get a headace!" She said, overacting way too much as she clutched her head, shutting her eyes tight as she cringed.

"Uh-Hu, sure." I giggled out, grinning at her.

Nya grinned back, both of us slipping on our shoes to head out.
"So we're just going for lunch, right?" She asked me as we headed out the door.

I gave a wholehearted laugh at that, slinging my arm around her shoulder.
"You know as well as I that with this bunch, there are never concrete plans." I said with a grin, giving her a squeeze.

The raven-haired girl, in turn, threw her arm around me as we walked.
"Ah, I've taught you well. You're catching on quick, huh?" She asked and laughed

"Learned from the best. Guess I'll call you... Sensei Nya, when it comes to friend stuff." I said and grinned, walking alongside the girl as I took my arm off of her and pulled out my phone, shooting cole a text to let him know that we were heading to the resturant.

What I failed to notice at the time, was that the word sensei was one that Nya knew all too well. As did the others.

W/C: 765