you think of me

Welcome to chapter 4!
Thanks for 100 views! (03/05/19)
Some pure flirting lies ahead. 👏

Okay so for the first person to find any little (game, show, song, ect) references/puns in this book that fly over everybody else's heads, you'll get a request in my oneshots book. ✌

Vine of the chapter: "If you were really Stoked to have me on the team, you woulda picked me first not last, ya idiot!"
"I have a tatoo, on my chest. A chestpeice. You know what it says? First place always... On my back, it says... Unless we loose."

Words: 1129

---

The walk to the park wasn't long at all.
Well, it was a bit long; just over a mile. More than I usually walked, but not unreasonable.
But with these guys, I feel like nothing seemed quite like a chore; they made things lively, upbeat, exciting!
They were just really fun to be around; I was comfortable just walking and talking. Even if I wasn't doing much of the talking myself, it just felt right. I didn't feel out of place or forced in, even with such a closeknit group of friends.

I wasn't interacting all that much as we travelled, just walking in the back of the group with Nya and Jay. But I wasn't being discluded; I would comment every now and again, and they would all acknowledge me and respond. I wasn't left out at all. They were a closeknit group, had been for a while, and they welcomed me in easily. It wasn't uncomfortable. I was just... comfortable with not talking.
It was nice.

You know those people in your life where you feel uncomfortable not talking? Like you have to constantly talk, so there's no unwanted, uncomfortable silence between you?
Like when you don't talk, it feels stressful and awkward? It feels forced and unnatural, and talking isn't out of want to socialize, but out of need to not feel offput?
Well, this wasn't like that. It was completely different.
With these people, it was happy; I didn't feel like an outsider, even with having just met the majority of them.

So, I was a bit disappointed when we got to our destination, oddly enough. I was enjoying just getting to walk.

"So- what're we gonna do?" I asked after a few moments. I wouldn't mind just sitting around and talking, but with this bunch, I somehow doubted we would sit and just relax for too long. They were wild, I could already tell.
Wild enough that my simple question seemed to cause a bit of chaos.
Oopsie.

"We could play flag football!" Kai suggested brightly, holding up a bag that I presumed had the football in it. Nya had already made sure I knew the rules to the game, explaining that her brother had a fiery passion for the game; which meant that they ended up playing it fairly often. But it was something everyone could join in on, so I didn't blame them.

"Or just tag," Lloyd said with a small shrug, smiling a bit. I think he sensed my uneasiness about flag football.
And I appreciated that, I really did. So not to sound rude, but:
Tag? With these guys? Hell no.
Lloyd seems like he would be really fast. He's lean and agile. I would hate to play tag if he's 'it.'
Jay also looks fast, though. Kid looks quick as lightening. Don't wanna play if he's it either.
Also don't wanna be it myself, 'cause I'll never catch any of these guys.
Okay... So realistically, I just don't wanna play tag at all.

"Oh, I know!" Jay said enthusiastically.
"We can go to the store and get some bread to feed the ducks!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands together noisily once. A few of us nodded a bit, in a silent agreement.
"Bread is not healthy for ducks. It expands in their stomachs, making them feel full, which can then cause malnourishment." Zane explained calmly and factually, making Jay huff and give a slight pout at the party-pooper comment.

"Maybe we can play flag football for a while, then go get the ducks some unsalted sunflower seeds?" I suggested with a mellow shrug.
At that, Jay grinned and nodded.

"Alright, so we can play flag football for a while, then go over to the store and grab some stuff. Honestly, we could get stuff for a picknick instead of going out later, while we're over there. Then feed the ducks and hang around afterwards" Cole suggested.
Everyone nodded, seeming to agree on that fairly easily since everyone got to do something they would enjoy.
"There. Easy enough," Cole said and nodded a bit, picking the bag of gear up and beginning to head off to the field away from the playground.

"Know how to play flag football, (y/l/n)?" Cole asked and glanced to me, Smiling a bit as we made it to the clearing.
"I'm well versed in the ways of Flag Football, Brookestone. A flag football master, obviously." I scoffed out jokingly, Cole laughing a bit in response as he unzipped the bag and took out the little clip-on flags.
"In that case, I may have to pick you for my team. See if we work as well together as I think we will." He said with a soft wink, before walking over to Lloyd as if he hadn't said a thing. I stood, dumbfounded; watching as the boys played rock-paper-scissors to decide who chose first.

I was in a daze, still a bit flustered, until I heard someone say "(Y/n)!"
I glanced up, a bit confused, before I saw Cole waving me over with a grin.
Oh- he was serious? He actually wanted me on his team?
Huh, never been picked first in sports before. Nice.
Usually picked last.
Nice change, I guess.

I walked over, Cole smiling a bit at me. I was handed 2 black tags, smiling sheepishly as I let him show me where to clip them.
Lloyd picked Kai. A high five and grin were shared between the two, as Kai was giving green tags to wear.
Cole picked Jay. A Grin and nod, as Jay hurried over enthusiastically. These two clearly worked well together. And they knew it, too, those quirky little shits. Black tags for Jay.
Lloyd picked Nya. Green tags for my roommate, Nya.
Apparently, while I was in my little daze, Zane had offered to opt out and be a ref since there was an uneven number.
He didn't seem like the type, from what I had seen so far, that enjoyed such reckless things. So I didn't feel too bad that I had made things uneven since he didn't seem to mind not playing.
He seemed level-headed and fair, too, so I'm sure he would be a fair ref.

So, final teams were:
Black team: Cole, Me, and Jay
Green team: Lloyd, Kai, Nya

I felt pretty comfortable with my team. Me, Cole, and Jay? And Cole seemed like a pretty good Team captain, in all honesty.
Obviously that is a totally fair, unbiased opinion. Yep. No bias here at all.
We seemed like a decent match, all in all, and I was kinda excited to play.

Whoa. Wait.

Excited?

For sports?

Dear First Spinjitsu Master, what's happening to me?