Chapter 3 - Donuts

17 Years Ago

     It had been a few weeks since then and Five hadn't stopped showing off the money infront of me. The only thing that kept me smug was knowing that there's no way he could spend it. Hargreeves never let us out the house, aside for missions, so there was honestly no point to it. I had just been saving whatever money I could find so that if I do ever leave, I'll have at least some money.
     I was sat up in my room, listening to music on my record player. The first record that I picked up was what I put on, I had a wide range of records to choose from, varying artists, time periods and styles.
     It had been a rather quiet day, Five and I spent most of it talking in the living room. Right now, Five was next door in his room too, and I'm guessing he could hear my music since it wasn't exactly quiet and the walls were always thinner than I expected them to be. No matter how many times I realised this it never stuck in my head.

     As I started to dance around my room while walking round, I hadn't realised Five stood in my doorway, watching with a smug expression, until he cleared his throat.
     'Five! Hello, um, what are you doing here? If you wanted me to turn my music down you could have knocked -- how long have you been standing there by the way?' I blurted out, my face heating up and turning a bright shade of pink. I really need to learn to close my door.
     'No, I just came here to watch you dance, it's pretty funny.' Five chuckled in response as I just slipped onto on my bed. 'Anyway, I was wondering if you'd like to sneak out later. On the way back from the last mission, I spotted a donut shop just down the street.'
     'Yeah, sure! If you spend at least some of that money that you stole from me on me. It is only fair.' I replied with a smirk, adding a little giggle at the end.
     'What are you two love birds talking about?' Chimed another voice from the door, a voice that came from none other than Klaus.
     'What?' Five and I said in unison, both sounding slightly perplexed.
     'Just a joke guys, don't sweat it.' Klaus said with a mischevious smile, trying to act innocent.
     I could tell my face had turned bright red again and I glanced over to Five to see his cheeks also turning a light shade of pink.
     'I was just asking Y/N if she'd want to sneak out with me later to this donut shop just down the street. Want to join us?' Five asked trying to cover up the fact that his face was still red.

     'Oh no, I wouldn't want to intrude on your little date. I hate being the third wheel.' Klaus said with another mischevious smile.
     'It's not a date, Klaus! We're just close friends, so are you coming or not?' I said as I got up from my bed and walked over to Five and Klaus in my doorway.

   'I mean, if you insist, I'll just stay out of the way of you two. Don't you guys worry.' Klaus winked and walked off, chuckling to himself as he went back into his room to do god knows what.
     'Well, I'll tell you when we're leaving I guess.' Five murmured before leaving and walking back into his room next door.

¤¤¤¤¤

     A few hours had passed since then and it was getting quite dark outside. Old man Reggie was in his office doing work like always, Pogo was nowhere to be seen and Grace was busy cleaning downstairs. This was when Five came into my room with a smile on his face.
     'Ready to leave?' He asked whilst stood in my doorway.
     'Yeah just give me a minute. I'll meet you downstairs.' I replied whilst sorting out the uniform I was wearing.
     Five walked off down the corridor and knocked softly on Klaus' door before the two of them left down the stairs together. I straightened out my skirt as I looked in the full body mirror, I didn't know why I made sure I looked alright because I didn't think I really cared.
     I stopped staring at myself in the mirror after a few more seconds and quietly ran down the stairs to catch up with Five and Klaus, the familiar entrance hall being unusually silent.
     'Took your time. Were you making sure your hair was just perfect before coming down?' Klaus chuckled, putting on a pretend girly voice for 'comedic' effect.
     I didn't find it that funny. Klaus and Five did but whatever. I don't care.