Chapter One - Mated

-- Please join my discord servers here (https://discord.gg/QAKNfuqeZM) and here (https://discord.gg/xghgV5wyDy) for better opportunity to speak with me, and to hang out with some kpop stans! Thank you loves <3) (I'll be doing a nitro gw soon, an invite contest :) ) Please keep my wattpad username private if you're joining one of my servers! I'd like to keep my writing private from my discord-only friends, thank you for understanding! <3

You walked down the street, visions of a pitbull puppy or a ginger cat running around your apartment filling your head. You were overjoyed to be adopting a pet, your apartment feeling lonely. The bell above the door rung as you stepped into the pet shop and you smiled, hearing little barks and caws and meows when you crossed the threshold.

"Hello miss! How may I help you today?"

"I'm just looking for a companion, maybe a dog or a cat?"

"Companion? Can I show you to some of our hybrids first? They're good companions and they need homes."

You thought for a moment, not really knowing whether or not you could handle a hybrid.

"I'm not sure I'm really looking for a hybrid right now, but I'll look if just looking is okay."

She nodded, a somewhat sad smile on her face.

"Of course, right this way."

She led you into the back room of the shop, unlocking a door labeled 'hybrids' and pushing it open. 

Unlike your arrival into the pet area, the hybrid room went silent when you walked in. No noise from anyone whatsoever. Their eyes were all locked on you, unnervingly animalistic with their stares.

You passed several clusters of hybrids, and a few solo ones before you reached the end of the hallway. The very last group of hybrids, seven men, jumped as soon as you were in their vicinity, heads jerking around to meet your gaze. They clambered to their feet, some leaning on the others as they looked at you with wide eyes.

"Everything alright boys?" The employee asked, brows furrowing slightly. She wasn't quite sure why they had all jumped to attention, but their eyes were comically large.

They all struggled to speak, words tumbling out of each of their mouths in incoherent sentences.

"We smelled-"

"She's-"

"Her scent-"

"Our mate-"

Phrases were flying out of their mouths left and right, but only the word 'mate' caught the employee's attention.

"Mate? Are you sure? All of you are completely certain?"

They nodded, eyes never leaving you. You felt somewhat insecure under their intense gazes and shrunk in on yourself slightly.

The employee took note of this, taking your hand and leading you to a room off the side with ten chairs and a table. The group of hybrids followed, one rushing ahead to hold the door open.

You muttered a small, 'thanks' and shuffled in, tentatively taking a seat on one of the chairs. The employee was fast but not fast enough as each of the hybrids knocked into each other for the seats next to you.

"Boys! Behave, your goal is to make her like you, not be afraid of you."

They all grumbled, two still shoving the others out of the way, just less noticeably than before. They plopped down next to you, scooching their chairs to be closer to yours. The one on your left, seemingly a big cat hybrid from the jet black ears and tail, plopped their head on the table, ears twitching close to your hands. He gazed up at you, offering you a gummy smile as he met your eyes.