Chapter Eight - Late Night Snack

Go to wearbts.com and use code scoups to get 10% off! They also offer free shipping!

(This turned real YoonMin real fast and I'm not even sorry Yoonmin is amazing we stan)

In an instant, the wolf above your head had transformed back to his human form.

"Yoongi, I swear I didn't mean to be so loud, I'm so sorry please don't kill me!"

You almost laughed at the terrified look on Namjoon's face as he stared at the panther on your chest. You were almost certain that Yoongi wasn't capable of any harm, why was everyone so terrified? However, a low rumbling growl came from the panther that, even if it wasn't directed that you, struck fear through your heart. 

Yoongi raised one of his massive paws, swatting it at the timid male behind you who yelped and dodged it. You squealed, reaching up and catching his paw in your hand. You guided it back to your side, tucking it back into it's original position. You took your thumb and rubbed the space between Yoongi's golden eyes that fluttered shut at your touch. You extended your reach to his nose and kept swiping your finger back and forth as he relaxed. 

You heard a collective exhale from the others in the room as the panther dozed off again. You moved your hand to the panda who was yawning beside you. You placed it on the top of his head, cupping his little ear and rubbing it with your thumb. He wrapped his arms around yours, nuzzling his face into your wrist. You cooed, sliding your hand down from his ears and booping his nose.

You felt a wet nose nuzzle into your other hand and you turned to see Jimin rubbing his face on your hand. You pulled both of your hands away, gently lifting the panther from your chest and laying him beside you on the bed. Now that you were sitting up and your lap was free, each animal scrambled towards you on the bed, trying to get a spot closest to you. You pet Taehyung behind the ears as he had launched himself at you and marveled at the way that Jungkook was able to sit in the palm of your hand even though he was slightly bigger. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your tummy from behind and you turned your head, bumping gently into Namjoon's. You had forgotten that he had shifted back, but smiled nevertheless and kissed the dimple on his cheek that was closest to you.

You saw movement out of the corner of your eye and watched as Jimin nudged the sleeping panther's face with his nose. He whined gently, tail wriggling behind him as one eye peeked open at him. The corgi jumped on the panther's chest, nuzzling his nose into the side of Yoongi's face and plopping down on top of him.

"Why was everyone so afraid earlier when Yoongi woke up? Jimin's waking him up right now!" You murmured to Namjoon, raising an eyebrow.

"Yoongi's got a soft spot for Jimin. He loves us all, but Jimin, well, you've seen him. We all have a soft spot for Jimin." You giggled at the wolf's answer and watched as Yoongi shifted forms, cradling the corgi in his arms.

"Well guys, it's pretty late, we fell asleep at a weird time and slept for five hours. It's around," You checked the clock in the corner, "Two-thirty in the morning. I'm not really tired, but I will be later if we don't sleep again before eight."

"Can we have dessert?!" It was Jimin who spoke, having shifted back while still in Yoongi's arms. The boys seemed to be relatively the same size, but you were fairly certain that's not why Yoongi didn't push Jimin off of his lap. Rather, he wrapped his arms around him from behind, resting his head in the crook of Jimin's neck and letting his eyes fall closed again.

"Sure, I should probably clean up dinner too, for that matter."

You scooped Jungkook out of your lap, setting him on the bed next to you. You couldn't lift Taehyung with one hand though, instead having to gently push him onto the mattress. He whimpered but shifted back quickly, standing and helping you off of the bed. You took his hand, standing and turning to Namjoon, holding out your own hand to help him stand. You weren't aware of the glance that the two men around you shared but they moved in sync with each other, shuffling towards you and squishing you in the middle of a hug. You giggled, not sure how to comfortable wrap your arms around each of them so kept them at your side instead. You felt Taehyung nuzzle into your hair, peppering kisses along the side of your face while Namjoon breathed in your scent. You turned, hugging each of them in turn before pushing them lightly apart, grabbing each of their hands again and leading them down the stairs.

Jimin turned in Yoongi's arms, wrapping his arms around his neck and laying his head on his shoulder.

"Carry me down!" Yoongi sighed but stood up, wrapping his arms under Jimin's thighs that were wrapped around his waist to hold him up. he carefully made his way down the stairs, trying not to smile at Jimin's giggles as he kicked his legs back and forth.

You pulled a tub of ice cream out of the freezer, grabbing a box of fruit popsicles for anyone who wanted them instead. You got eight bowls, setting them out with spoons in case everyone wanted ice cream. 

"Okay, so you can either have cookie dough ice cream or a popsicle, whichever one you want."

A chorus of either ice cream of popsicle sounded throughout the kitchen and you gestured to the bowls and the treats.

"You guys can serve yourselves the ice cream, I don't know how much you want. But leave some for everyone else," You joked, playfully glaring at Hoseok who had already grabbed a spoon.

You turned, walking back into the kitchen and beginning to wash the plates from dinner. You felt someone nudge you from the side and saw Yoongi, smiling his wonderful smile at you.

"I can do the dishes, I caused a bit of a mess tonight. Go have some dessert, it's okay."

"Thanks Yoongi, that's really sweet of you." You smiled at the blush that flared up on the panther's cheeks and grabbed a popsicle, hopping up and sitting on the counter.

"What are you-"

You cut Yoongi's confused murmurs off, "I'm gonna sit with you."