Chapter 18: New Friends

(Please read my notes at the bottom!!!)

You smiled at the wolf hybrid sitting beside you, "Yeah, they are. This is Seokjin by the way, and I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you." You held your hand out, shaking the wolf hybrid's when he reciprocated. You shot a kind grin to the tiger who was still struggling in Seungcheol's hold, giggling when he finally broke free and raced towards the mass of hybrids playing in the middle of the park.

Seungcheol scoffed but smiled, tucking the sunscreen back into the plastic bag and tucking that into a backpack that laid in the grass beside Jihoon. There were still hybrids there that had yet to introduce themselves to you and you smiled at one that peered at you tentatively from behind yet another one. His eyes widened at your smile and he ducked back behind the taller hybrid, eliciting a laugh from Jihoon and Seungcheol.

"The tall one is Wonwoo. The one behind him is Chan. He's not used to being around new people yet, he's the most recently adopted. He's pretty quiet. He's a fox. And Wonwoo is a tabby cat." You saw the grey striped ears on Wonwoo's head flick when he heard his name, and he reached around his back, pulling Chan out to stand in front of him. The fox hybrid tried scrambling back behind the cat but Seungcheol grabbed his hand, pulling him to sit in the grass in front of the bench. 

Seungcheol brushed his hands through Chan's hair, smiling when the fox hybrid on the grass shivered slightly. Wonwoo sat down, gesturing for the only human of the group to sit beside him. 

Even though Jihoon had already told you his name, the man on the ground turned, grinning at you, "Hello, I'm Hansol."

"Y/N. And this is Seokjin."

Hansol grabbed another hybrid's hand, tugging him down to rest in his lap. From the looks of it, the hybrid was a bird, a parrot most likely. He turned, flashing you a brilliant smile.

"Hello! I'm Seungkwan! I'm a parrot hybrid, it's nice to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too!" You smiled, admiring the brightly colored feathers that lined the wings folded to his back. He had dark blue hair, that contrasted perfectly with the vibrant reds, greens, and yellows of his wings. You had never seen a bird hybrid before, and you were amazed by how gorgeous they were.

You heard footsteps growing louder, looking towards the large mass of hybrids to see four hybrids running towards you. Two were your own, Hoseok and Taehyung with eyes alight and tails wagging. The other two must have been from Hansol's group.

"Y/N! This is Seokmin, he's a German Shepherd hybrid!" It was Hoseok, tail wagging furiously behind him as he introduced his new friend. You smiled at Seokmin, introducing yourself and shaking his hand. They both had brilliant smiles. 

Taehyung grabbed the last man's hand, pulling him forwards even more, "And this is Mingyu! He's a black lab hybrid!"

"It's so nice to meet you two! Thank you for playing with Hoseok and Taehyung, I hope you all have fun!" You smiled, handing Hoseok a frisbee that he was reaching for.

The four dogs ran off to a different part of the park, tossing the frisbee around and laughing as they all dove to catch it. Two other hybrids came shuffling into a patch of sun beside you, flopping down onto the grass and closing their eyes.

"The one on the left, that's Jeonghan. He's a snow leopard. And the other one is Minghao, he's a jaguar."

The two looked up after being called out, smiling at you and waving from their spot on the floor. You waved back, sad that Yoongi wasn't able to meet other hybrids so close to his breed.  

You felt something furry brush by your foot and you squealed in surprise, looking to see a ferret weaving its way through the grass. It wriggled onto Minghao's chest, curling up by his head.

"And that's Junhui, the ferret hybrid."

"Where's Jisoo?"

"I think he's out there playing with the others. Jisoo is an arctic fox hybrid."

"You're all such a big family! We're eight as of right now." You smiled at Hansol, squeezing Jin's hand while you talked about your new family. It wasn't as big as Hansol's, or as diverse, but it was yours, and it was all you would ever need.

(A/N: Hi friends! Sort of a short chapter, not quite to 1K but I hope you like it regardless! If you don't follow me, I announced the other day that I would try to update each of my stories over the next week or so as holiday gifts to you all. I hope you like this chapter, and I hope you're excited for other books to update as well! I am going to try to update this again before I go back to my classes, because this chapter wasn't as focused on bts, but bare with me while I work on these please! Thank you to all who have been waiting so patiently for this chapter, I'm sorry I've been so behind :((((( )