Chapter Twenty - You Never Walk Alone

Don't make fun of me for the title i'm feeling soft today 

It was no surprise to you that your house was too small for seven adult hybrids. You'd known it since day one. But, you really tried. You donated every single thing in that house that you didn't need, but nothing cleared quite enough space for the seven men. So, you notified your landlord that you'd be moving out.

You were going to keep the house-hunting a secret, until you found one that you liked, but you realized that if you wanted any of the hybrids to feel at home in the new house, that you'd need to include them in the process. So, you sat everyone down in the living room, leg bouncing up and down in anxiety.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Jungkook cocked his head to the side, having seated himself on the floor by your feet. That was going to be one thing you looked for, a bigger living room, for a bigger couch. It wasn't fair to make half of them sit on the floor. 

"Everything is fine, this is a good thing, actually." You hoped it would be. It wasn't going to be easy finding a big enough house for your budget, but you supposed that if nothing fit you in this area, you'd just move to a different city. There had to be somewhere that didn't overcharge you. 

"What is it, Y/N?" Namjoon frowned, ears held still on his head, pricked in interest.

"We're going to be moving out soon."

Yoongi grinned, "What, is this tiny two bedroom apartment too small for eight adults? I never noticed."

"Yoongi," You bit back a grin, though you knew that he'd seen if by the triumphant smirk on his face, "We're gonna go house hunting later today, does that sound good? I wanted you to be included in the process."

You let a soft smile overtake your face as everyone dissolved into their own conversations, excited chattering about the new house and what each person's room would look like. You were just glad that the shelter was sending you monthly checks for each hybrid. Your job wasn't incredibly low paying, but it was no top tier salary either. It was all you could do to pay rent, you were a little nervous about finding a home.

Seokjin stood from his place on the couch, leaving Taehyung to talk Namjoon's ear off about what color his room would be and what kind of things he'd keep in it. Jin walked over to you, casting a short glance at the others to make sure he could be discreet before offering you a hand, leading you up and away from the group.

"Seeokjin? Is everything okay?" You knew that the dark circles around Jin's eyes were a part of his hybrid counterpart, but you were trying to discern whether they seemed darker than normal. You'd hate to know that he'd been stressed without you knowing.

"I wanted to talk to you about something, Y/N."

"I'm getting nervous," You joked, heart sinking slowly with each second that he hesitated in spilling what had him so worried.

"Well, I was eating breakfast the other day, I was up earlier than the others, and there were papers on the table, and I didn't think they were anything private, so I flipped through them, just out of curiosity, and um.." Seokjin rubbed the back of his neck and you scoured your brain to try and figure out what papers could have possible shaken him up so bad.

"Seokjin? What were they?" You finally prompted him, unable to come up with any answer that could have explained his guilt and concern.

"I'm not super experienced with human things, but, um, I think they were the bills. And your bank records. And your financial standings."

"Ah." You flushed red, knowing that you weren't exactly the richest person alive, especially not after taking in seven hybrids. "It's fine, I didn't think I had left them out."

"Y/N, I trust you, but, well," Seokjin paused, looking back at the hybrids gathering in the living room, all still buzzing about their new home, "I don't know how you're going to pull this off. I'm sorry, I know it's not polite, but I don't want to let you drown out of etiquette."

"It's alright. Honestly, I don't know how we'll pull this off either. but we'll make it work, i can take out a loan, or borrow a little bit from friends-"

"But I don't want you to be in debt. Again, I know I'm not super great with human things, but I know that debt is hard to kick."

"It's okay. It'll be fine. This apartment is too small. I can't keep cramming you guys in here. It's not fair to you."

"Well, I have a possible solution."

"Oh?" You watched Seokjin look down at his hands, fiddling with his nails.

"I was thinking, my ears and tail are smaller than a lot of hybrids, and I could hide them pretty well."

"But how does that help with the bills?"

"Well, if I was able to hide them well enough, I'd look human. And humans get jobs. I could get a job and I could help pay the bills, so that we're not all leeching off of you-"

"Seokjin, you don't have to do that. I took you all home knowing that it would be a stretch. But It was a stretch that I'm willing to make. You're all worth it." You smiled, glancing over at the six happy hybrids in the living room.

"But I want to work, I don't like the idea of living here and doing nothing to help. I want to contribute, I want to help."

"Are you sure? You don't have to, really, if you're just trying to help me make ends meet, I can work things out, you don't have to get a job."

"No," Seokjin shook his head, "I want to. It would make me feel better. And it would get me away from Taehyung for a whole day." 

You snorted, knowing how much the dog hybrid enjoyed pestering his oldest companion, "Alright, if you're absolutely sure."

"I am."

"Thank you, Seokjin."

He smiled, moving forwards to wrap you in a hug. You'd have called it a bear hug, but you'd already done that twice this week and you weren't sure you could get away with it for the third time. Instead, you let him hold you, resting your head on his shoulder, happy that you weren't walking alone.