Chapter Six - Panther Problems

'Mr. Manchas?'

Judy peered through the crack of the door and Jimin gripped your hand tightly. You squeezed it back, rubbing a soothing thumb over the back of his hand. The low growl from the jaguar character ripped through the silence in the room and everyone jumped. You saw Yoongi's fist clench beside you on the couch, watching as his black velvety tail straightened and was held stiff. You assumed he was just frightened and didn't want to show it, so you left him alone.

When the 'savage' jaguar chased Judy and Nick through the village, nearly pushing them off of the bridge, Yoongi stood. You saw him going down the hall and assumed he was going to the bathroom. But when he jogged up the stairs and shut the door to your communal bedroom lightly behind him, you raised an eyebrow.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?" You looked at Namjoon who had called your name.

"Jaguars are really close in relation to panthers. Yoongi is probably upset about the movie."

Your mouth formed an 'o' shape and you peeled Jimin off of you, padding up the stairs and stopping in front of the door.

"Uhm, Yoongi? Can I come in?"

A soft 'yes' was heard from inside the room and you turned the knob, gently pushing the door open. You saw a lump under one of your heavy blankets on the bed and shut the door behind you, kneeling beside him.

"What's wrong, are you okay?"

"What's wrong? You show me that, and you ask me what's wrong? Do you know how offensive that is? Not all hybrids are aggressive, and I thought I did a pretty good job of assuring you that I'm not." Your eyes widened at his harsh tone and you shook your head wildly.

"No no no I swear, I'd never assume that of you! I know full well that you're not aggressive, earlier, when I was crying, you apologized even though it wasn't your fault! I know you wouldn't ever hurt anyone like that, I swear! I didn't even think about the movie before we picked it, I shouldn't have even scrolled past it as an option! I'm so sorry, I really am. I swear, I didn't mean to offend you. I'll turn the movie off, I really am sorry-"

"Don't, I.. It's okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice or snap at you. But I promise I won't ever be aggressive like that, please don't send me back." His head hung low and his panther ears were slightly flattened on top of his head. You reached up, hesitantly brushing your fingers over one of them. It flicked under your touch and he jumped a bit, soon relaxing into your touch. You cupped his ear in your hand, gently stroking the top of the inside of it. He laid his head on your thighs, head at an awkward angle as you were still kneeling. You lifted his head slightly, shifting to a sitting position and laid his head back down. You began again, gently stroking each of his velvety ears, running your finger on the rim of each one. 

The noise that he let out was more of a moan than anything, as he sat up, still nudging his head into your hand. He crawled into your lap, curling up against your chest and rubbing his head against your neck. Your hands had frozen in his hair at the unexpected advances, and he looked up at you with the best set of puppy dog eyes that you'd ever seen on a cat.

"Please don't stop." You continued after a moment, fulfilling the requests of the touch-starved panther and running your fingers through his hair as well. A loud rumbling purr came from his chest, startling you once again. (I know that technically big cats don't purr but I live for soft, black panther yoongi purring as you pet him)

The purr was louder than any normal housecat, for obvious reasons. It vibrated your entire body too, as his chest was pressed against yours. His eyes were shut lightly, eyelashes brushing his cheeks gently. 

"Doesn't anybody ever pet you? If not the shelter employees or potential owners, then the rest of the boys? You guys were hanging out together when I got there, aren't you guys close friends?"

"We're best friends, but the dog hybrids get pet more, and Jungkookie. They beg for affection, I don't bother. But I didn't know that it was this good. The employees hit us more often than not, and potential owners just threatened us. But this feels so good, please don't stop." His whispers were hesitant, but you could hear the desperation in it. You cooed, lifting the catboy and moving to the bed. You laid yourself down, placing the still purring panther hybrid on your chest. He slid off, his face and body morphing into that of a panther before he padded back over to you, front paws just above your shoulders. 

Your eyes were blown wide as you regarded the actual animal on your chest but you continued petting him, watching as his tail wound around your leg.

"I didn't know you could change forms. Can you all do it?"

The panther opened his golden eyes and nodded once, laying his head flat on your chest and bumping your chin with his nose. You angled your head down, kissing his black nose and rubbing under his chin. His eyes closed, looking like little crescent moons as he smiled as best he could in animal form. You watched as the big cat on your chest slowly fell asleep, breaths evening out and fanning against your neck and shoulders. 

Yoongi was so warm that you couldn't help but close your eyes too, letting yourself slip into a deep sleep, completely forgetting about the six other boys downstairs, wondering where you both were and why it was so silent.