a dream *lemon* ema x natsume

GENERAL POV

Natsume was laying on the floor, facing away from his bed where his sister was sleeping. Sister, if only I could really see her as just my sister instead of wishing she was something more, he thought with frustration. Which only added to his confusion.

A lot had happened in just the past few hours.

First was the phone call from Ukyo saying that Ema hadn't returned home from visiting Azusa at the hospital and she wasn't answering her phone. Most of his brothers had already started going into a panic and were out looking for her. He had immediately left work to help with the search while most every worst case scenario went through his head. Was she hit by a car and unconsious in the hospital as well? Had she gotten lost and her phone died? Had she been attacked by some man... He hadn't even wanted to think of what that would have meant. It was hours later and a stroke of luck when he found her sitting on a bench in a park.

Then she said that she didn't want to go home and he'd thought one of his brothers might have hurt her. He was about to go beat the crap out of someone until he saw the look on her face and realized that it was something much worse He was intent on asking but could tell that she didn't want to talk. When he had invited her back to his apartment, he had thought that she would change her mind and agree to go back to the condo. But, to his surprise and secret delight, she had agreed. At least it got them out of the rain.

After getting her there and having her use the shower, he'd called Ukyo to let his brothers know that she was safe at his apartment. Needless to say, he had heard more than a few unhappy remarks in the background about her being alone with him at his apartment. Ukyo had even hinted that it might be better to just bring her back or some of them might end up breaking down his door. Natsume had warned them against it, saying that Ema had been upset about something and, for all they knew, it might have been one of the brothers that she was upset about. He then convinced them that he might be able to get her to talk about what was wrong and that he would bring her back when she wanted too.

When she had come out of the bathroom dressed in his clothes, it had taken everything he had not to grin triumphantly and take a picture to show off to his brothers since he knew that it would make them jealous. That feeling was soon drowned out by shock when she showed him that document that said that she was adopted. Although he knew it didn't actually change anything, it almost felt as though her being adopted placed an extra degree of separation between them... making the fact that he saw her as more than a sibling to be more acceptable.

Ema surprised him again when she got up to leave and that was when his body seemed to move on its own. He really didn't want her to leave. Everything inside of him was screaming that he wanted her to stay with him and be his. So he pulled her into his arms and held her close just as he'd been wanting to do, told her things that he probably should have kept to himself, and then he was kissing her. Natsume knew that he'd surprised her, but he couldn't bring himself to regret what he'd done. It had been everything he'd wanted... but she hadn't been in the right state of mind to accept his feelings. So, he suggested going to sleep and quickly excused himself to the bathroom to change.

Which brought him right back to where he was now: laying on the hard floor while the girl who had taken over his dreams was laying in his bed, and wearing his clothes, right next to him. Although he wasn't a teenage boy anymore, he was still a healthy male and it was proving difficult to keep certain thoughts out of his head. If she or his brothers were to ever discover those thoughts, he was sure that it would be quite embarrassing and painful for him.

His thoughts were brought to a halt when he heard Ema whimper. Turning his head, he could just barely see that her shoulders were shaking beneath the sheets from where he was positioned. Then he heard her whimper again and he found himself sitting up to get a better look. When he saw the pained look on his face, it became obvious that she was having a nightmare. Not wanting to leave her is such a state, he reached out to touch her shoulder and shake her as he called her name.