twenty-one

『♡』
written: 11:34pm
finished: 6:06pm
wc: 578

"he hasn't been in school for four days now." sighed the youngest of them all, a frown adorning his face.

"who?" jisung asked utterly confused at what he meant. tugging at the sleeve of his purple colored hoodie, jeongin replied. "mark."

it was currently lunch regardless of the gloom tone that was lying in the air, making nothing seem significant enough. as if mark pulled a trace of happiness with him, making it disappear from there as soon as he wasn't present in the lifeless hallways anymore.

felix who just came back from class because the teacher wanted to talk to him about something joined his friends silently, trying to catch up on the topic.

though he didn't stay silent because changbin was already greeting him with a small smile forming on his lips.

"maybe he's just sick. don't worry too much." hyunjin tried to calm the upset boy down though he was a bit worried about him even if he wouldn't admit it.

whenever the so called mark wasn't present, jeongin became so concerned and anxious. just as if he hoped for one particular thing to not be the case.

"he said he will call me when he's sick and not coming to school but he didn't."

now it was jisung's time to speak. "didn't you tell me that he often just disappears for a few days? maybe he's sitting at home playing games whilst you're so uneasy or he just forgot to call. think about it."

jeongin nodded his head slowly, even with a still worried expression.

"he's gonna be okay." reassured chan whilst giving the youngest a thumbs up to which he responded with a small yet honest smile.

after that, the blond-haired boy leaned over to jisung, talking as quiet as possible, trapping them in their own small world where no one except for them could hear the words.

"how are things going with minho now?" a smirk formed on his almost pastel pink lips, making his eyes appear smaller than usual.

jisung felt needles pierce through his heart, making it bleed from inside out.

he wasn't certain of why it suddenly hurted that much. he told himself he's okay with the fact that minho had to take his time yet he felt like garbage as soon as someone brought up the topic.

instead of saying anything else he just shrugged and went with the it's okay that seemed to be the only thing that left his lips right now.

"has he texted you in the past days?" asked the older as he tilted his head.

swallowing the ball of sadness that started to made it's way outside, the squirrel boy answered. "no. but how can we blame him?" he chuckled quietly, not sure if laughing was reasonable at all right now.

"we can't. but can we blame you?"

jisung's eyes lightened as if what he just heard was the answer to all his issues that he had tried to find for so long, even though it brought even more unnecessary questions with it.

"i think the only one here to blame is yugyeom." whispered chan, desperately trying to brighten up jisung's mood.

"but i was the one that let him get my phone in the first place, doesn't matter if i wanted it or not."

"did you want him to take your phone and do the things he's done?"

jisung shook his head. "no."

"so?"