twenty-seven

『♡』written: 12:17amfinished: 2:29amwc: 847

『♡』
written: 12:17am
finished: 2:29am
wc: 847

minho was tired if that wasn't understatement. he had been packing his belongings and values the whole day and the one before and it was already evening again.

he told himself that he'll stop and eat dinner as soon as he took the last cardboard left downstairs but that didn't help. the thought of sleeping on a blanket on the floor for the next few days wasn't appealing at all.

he figured maybe if he stacked multiple blankets it won't be as painful as he had in mind from when they moved here.

though minho knew that he'd gladly sleep on the blank floor if that meant that he'll see jisung again soon.

it still appeared like a dream to him. he wondered what jisung looked like now. of course he'll still look like his jisung. but the last time he looked him in the eye face to face his hair was colored in all shades of brown possible plus he was shorter than minho. if he was suddenly taller than him he wouldn't know how to handle it. but he knew in the back of his mind that jisung already stopped getting taller a while ago.

the thought of how it would be when they meet again usually made him feel a mixture of emotions. bliss, because despite not seeing him in person jisung still gave him butterflies. sorrow, because he didn't know when the waiting was finally over. and so many other things that he could not find even a single word for.

now there was only one; pure happiness. because he knew when and he knew that he was gonna be able to hold him in his arms and give him all the kisses they missed out soon.

minho snapped out of his thoughts when his phone beeped. it was chan whose number was given to him by jisung a few days ago.

they had a plan. because of course minho hasn't forgotten about the younger's birthday. luckily chan insisted on helping him with the timing.

with the heavy cardboard still in his hands he looked over to his desk where the phone was placed, trying to read the message. he couldn't succeed at that since the screen shut off not even a split second later. minho sighed in annoyance rather at the off turned device than the heavy carton in his hands. deciding he will read it later.

he was already too distracted by his arms going numb so forgetting about it all over wasn't a big challenge. after minho somehow managed to open the wooden door with his ellbow he shuffled down the stairs, panting. he let out a sigh that he didn't know he was holding in when he finally dropped the box down on the table with all the other ones. finally he was done.

his mother entered the room as soon as minho let go of the box. she smiled. "are you done yet?" her son nodded in response, a smile also painting his face. "i'm sorry for all the stress we're causing you. all of this wasn't necessary in the first place." the smile on her face now converted into something kind of sorry. "we know you've missed him a lot."

"it's okay mom. really." his mother slowly nodded as she grabbed the first box to get it out of the house. they were taking up way too much space even though there was almost no furniture left in the room; or the house in general.

only blankets as soft as minho. especially when thinking about a certain orange-haired male.

grabbing some of them, he headed upstairs. he started to build his "bed" as soon as he stepped into the almost empty and with that also boring room. once it looked comfortable enough for a few nights he devoted his attention to his phone.

→jeongin is going to make cake. are you going to bring anything?

minho already knew what he was going to get the younger as a surprise. aside from that, he was going to keep the facts that he's moving to himself to surprise jisung. even though he already felt bad for not letting him know.

→i already have an idea.

as soon as he pressed send, someone called him. not any someone; his someone. and he picked up with zero hesitation.

"hey." minho was the first to greet jisung. his mood immediately brightened as soon as he heard a glimpse of the other's soothing voice. "hey. oh my god i have so much tea to spill grab a snack."

"back at it with the stan twitter language? spill the tea." jisung on the other end of the line laughed which minho could listen to for days on no end. he sat down on his nest made out of multiple blankets and waited.

"alright so basically, i'll never have to see yugyeom again. he's gone." as jisung explained the whole situation and all about what happened, minho realized;

things were finally going to be alright again.