thirty

『♡』written: 23:43pmfinished: 6:31amwc: 2039

『♡』
written: 23:43pm
finished: 6:31am
wc: 2039

tears threatened to run down jisung's cheeks at any moment as he covered up half of his face out of shock; he stood there completely starstruck. behind the door was minho, which was the last thing he expected and jisung didn't know whether to laugh or cry as an unexpected warmth spread through his skull. a warmth that the boy knew oh too well.

but minho, whose cheeks were already covered in salty tears, closed the door apace, immediately ran towards the shorter and engulfed him in a tight hug that was comforting in ways words never could.

the waiting was over and payed off. jisung certainly didn't know why or just how, but all that mattered to him in that moment was minho. the younger didn't feel shame when the salty water droplets began to stream down his face, he knew he didn't have to because his boyfriend would never judge him.

"happy birthday" whispered minho in the younger's ear as they held onto eachother for dear life. jisung wasn't aware that two little words could set so many emotions free. so he sobbed even harder in response. the taller felt how his hoodie was soaked in tears as he pulled away just to wipe all his tears away.

nobody was crying out of sadness that day like they usually would. or out of the frustration of missing someone, this time the teardrops weren't empty or full of sorrow, they were filled with pure joy.

"jisung the candles are getting shorter and shorter! what the hell is taking you so long?" both heard seungmin's yell from the living room which made minho giggle. seungmin still acted like he's better than everyone even though he was a complete softie on the inside. and he also knew what was taking jisung so long since everyone already met up with minho the day before to discuss everything.

jisung could swear that his heart skipped a beat as minho giggled. he surely heard it every day through phone calls, though he always loved the unblurred version more.

"wh-" the younger choked on his tears. "what are you doing here?" how minho missed his voice. "as if i'm going to let my boyfriend celebrate his eighteenth birthday alone?" tears welled up jisung's eyes again. "hey, precious." minho tilted his head. "don't,."

"how can i not when i have waited a whole eleven months for this?" some people wouldn't even call that a long time, but for them it felt like forever.

"well, there is one thing i've waited for in particular." their eyes locked and jisung knew exactly what his boyfriend meant by that, so with that minho softly pressed his lips onto the younger's while still holding him in his arms. all the other sounds in the world went silent — the others talking in the living room, the rain outside pouring against the window's glass — but not their heartbeats that started to synchronize with each other just like their lips did in that long awaited moment.