Chapter 16

Percy POV

Me and Luna were walking around the book shop just talking and looking for Ginny. Luna is telling me about everything her classmates at Hogwarts do to her and it's making my blood boil. Who could ever treat a girl as nice as her like trash!?! Sure she may be a little strange, but the weirder you are the more you have to offer. I kind of zoned out while she was talking, honestly I was wondering what I could do to stop those people from stealing her stuff. I started listening again when she said my name,

"It's actually a fun game we play every year, Perseus. They hide my stuff, and I spend all my time on my last day there searching for it all. No harm done. Although, I do think my friend, Ginny, gets quite mad whenever this happens." I, more or less, gaped at her, "Luna, someone taking your things and hiding them from you is not fun and games. It's called bullying and it's not right. Now when we get to Hogwarts I would appreciate it if you point out who takes your things. If you don't I'm still going to find out who does this." Luna smiled gently and nodded.

I was about to ask her a question about this magazine that she's carrying but a voice yelling my name stopped me. I turned around and recognized the long red hair on the girl barreling straight toward me. I put my hands out in an attempt to catch her. It worked, but not in the way I had hoped. I caught her, but she was running so fast that she knocked me down, her head smashed against mine and she landed on top of me.

I leaned my head back on the ground and groaned in pain, "Ginny why did you have to run?" Ginny, who was in as much pain as I was, groaned back, "I've been looking for you for ages, I think I just got a little excited when I finally found you. By the way, did you know that your head feels like metal?"

I started laughing but quickly stopped when it sent a thumping pain to my head, "Do you mind getting off of me?" Ginny lifted her head off of my chest, where she laid it while she coped with the pain, and smirked, "I don't mind." She then slowly got up, making sure to put all her weight on me as she did so.

When Ginny finally got off of me, which I'm pretty sure she left a giant bruise on my torso, I was in more pain than before. Ginny was smiling widely and standing next to a daydreaming Luna. I was still laying on the floor, in pain. After a couple of minutes of just staying on the floor, people started to look at me so I rolled over into push-up position and eventually managed to stand next to Ginny.

Ginny was laughing with Luna at my struggle. I let out a big sigh as I stood next to them and playfully glared at them. At last, Ginny stopped laughing long enough to hug Luna, "Luna! I didn't know you were going to be at Diagon Ally today!"

Luna hugged her back and smiled, "I didn't know I would be here either. My father only told me this morning." Ginny looped her arm through Luna's, "Well now you can shop with me and Perseus." Luna nodded her head as she smiled happily, "I would like that very much."

I walked next to the arm-linked girls as we looked for the books we needed for school.

Giny went to look at some school books while Luna and I stopped in front of a shelf with random books on it. I picked up some random book with a mermaid on it. The title read Mysteries of the Wizarding World Water Beasts. As put the book on top of some other books in my arm I turned to Luna who was reading that magazine again.

"I've been meaning to ask you about that magazine you've been reading." As soon as I said it, Luna's head snapped up and she smiled, "Its called the Quibbler. It's my father's magazine. He writes about all sorts of things, like Crumple-Horned Snorkacks and Wrackspurts! Although not many people believe what he writes about is real, so no a lot read it. Most people read the Daily Prophet." Luna looked down at her feet and frowned when she talked about how people don't read her father's magazine.

For some strange reason that I can't explain, her frowning made me feel mad. It made me feel like I wanted to destroy whatever made her frown, I can't exactly kill a bunch of people for not reading a magazine. But I did the next best thing to get to make her smile again. "I'll read it Luna."

Luna' s head snapped up to look at me and she had a big smile on her face, "Do you mean it Perseus?" When I nodded she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. Her arms were around my neck and because of our height difference, as well as the fact that she was putting all her weight in me, I was pulled down to her height.

She let go and I straightened back up (boy does my back hurt) and Luna spoke as Ginny started walking up to us, "I'll tell father as soon as I see him and he'll add you to the subscription list so you'll get all the latest editions when they come out."

Ginny walked up to us in time to hear the last part of our conversation. She moved her hair out of her eyes, "Are you guys talking about the Quibbler?"

Luna nodded her head happily, "Perseus is going to read it!" Ginny smiled at Luna before turning to smirk at me, "That's really nice of him, isn't it?" Luna nodded her head agreeing, not thinking of the tone of voice Ginny was using.

Ginny turned and started walking, "Come on let's go pay for our books and then we'll go get your wand, P.J."

Luna and I followed behind her as she walked up to the counter and paid for her books using some of the money I gave her. Luna paid for her books and then the dreaded moment came. I have to use a currency I know nothing about.

The bored looking guy at he counter spoke my total like he's been saying it for years. He said it was three Gallons, or at least I think he did.

I looked at Ginny helplessly and she sighed before taking my bag full of money and pulling three gold coins that resemble drachmas out. She placed them on the counter and handed me the bag full of my books.

She held my wrist and pulled me behind her as she walked out the store door, "I forgot you don't know how to use wizard money. I'll have Mum teach you." I silently nodded when she looked back at me.

Once out the door, Ginny let go of my wrist and chose to walk beside me with Luna on my other side.

We walked silently down the street for a couple of minutes before Ginny stoppedbus in front of a slightly creepy looking store.

I looked up at sign that read Olivander's. Ginny turned and smiled at me, "Lets get your wand Perseus."

Annnnnnddddd chapter 17 is done. Sorry it took so long I started writing and then I got swarmed by assignments. Fun fact I have my AP Human Geography exam soon and I'm am beyond stressed out. Despite the fact the I should be studying so I don't fail it, I'll still try to write as much as possible. Thank you to those who are still reading! Next chapter Percy gets his wand!

/\_/\
( *.* )
(____)~~

IT'S A KITTY CAT!!!!

                                      ~Jelanii