Chapter 24

I know it's 3rd POV but Tyson calls Perseus Percy so that's what he's called in this chapter.

3rd POV

Tyson was on the beach at Camp-Half Blood. It had been three days since he sent the letter. The letter that could either bring his brother to him or push him farther away. Tyson looked down at his hands. Right there, in a picture, was his brothers happy face beaming at him. Tears started to cloud his vision. The picture slowly blurred together until all he could see was the orange color of Percys shirt.

"What's wrong, Tyson?"

He froze. He blinked away the tears and searched for that very familiar voice.

"Tyson, tell me. I'm your brother, I should know if I need to hurt someone for hurting you."

He looked around frantically. "Percy? Where are you?"

"I'll show myself as soon as you make sure that there is no one else around you."

He stood up on the sand and started to walk around, closely inspecting everything to make sure it was empty of people. When he was positive that it was only him on the beach he walked back to where he heard his brothers voice. "Its just me, Percy."

Tyson heard Percy mumble something that sounded strangely like the word 'Fleecy' but he ignored it when Percys face appeared in an IM. "Hello, Tyson."

"Percy! It's really you! Where are you? I want to see you."

Percy sighed and stared at something out of view to Tyson before looking back at him with a serious look on his face. "Tyson, your my brother and I love you, but I didn't message you just to have a small reunion. My friend got the letter you sent but I'm guessing it wasn't you that sent it, was it?"

Tyson nodded slowly. "The Gods called me to a meeting, the rest of the Seven as well as Nico and Thalia were there. Athena had me write the letter before she sent an owl to a girl named Ginny."

"That's what I thought. I would love nothing more than to see you, Tyson, but I can't let anyone else know where I am. The letter came a couple days ago but it took me a while to find a Drachma. I will see you, just not right now. I've got some... stuff to deal with here. I've got a couple more Drachmas so I'll IM you around the holidays."

Tysons eye started to water again as footsteps were heard from the IM. Percy looked to something Tyson couldn't see and he seemed to his before turning back. "Someone's coming, I've got to go. I'll talk to you again, okay?"

When Tyson nodded, Percy smiled the smile that he only gives family, the one full of love. "I love you brother."

Tyson swallowed the sob that threatened to come out. "I love you too Percy."

Percy gave one more grin before cutting the IM.

Tyson sat down on the sun-warmed sand and stared out at the water. He watched the sun slowly fall below the horizon, it's bright light reflecting on the water, creating a beatiful mirror image on the still water. The mirror image of the world seemed very inviting for Tyson to just slip into, maybe Percy would be there waiting for him with the same smile on his face that was on the picture clutched tightly in his hands.

He stood and held the picture close to his chest. His feet shuffled through the sand as he made his way back to the cabins. He walked up to his cabin, Poseidons cabin, but stopped at the door.

When he opened that door, only the memories of Percy would be there. In his mind, memory Percy would be sitting on his bed but when he saw Tyson he would sit up and greet him. But the real Percy, the Percy that Tyson longed to see, was somewhere out of reach. He was somewhere he couldn't go.

Tyson slowly turned the door knob. He used little force to push the door so it creaked open at a slow pace.

He inhaled sharply at the sight before him. Sitting on his bed, as if nothing ever happened, was Percy. He was in his orange CBH shirt, an old one that was battered and torn from use, and he layed sprawled out in his bed. His left leg hung off the edge, as did his right arm. His left arm was tucked under his pillow and his right leg was underneath his blanket. At the sound of the door, Percy lifted his head and gave Tyson a tired smile. "Tyson! You're back from Atlantis already?"

Tyson moved into the cabin slowly, bit sure if this was real. "What do you mean? I haven't been to Atlantis since you left."

Percy let out a small chuckle. "Don't be silly, Tyson, I haven't been anywhere since the war."

"What are you talking about, Percy?"

Percy's eyes suddenly darkend and his smile twisted into a cruel smirk. "Oh, silly me, I did leave, didn't I? I just upped and left my brother, without even telling him. It's almost as if I don't care about you."

"You're not Percy. Percy would never leave me without a good reason. He promised!"

"What exactly did I promise? Did I say if never leave you? Or that we'll always be brothers? Or that I'd stay by your side, because that's what brothers do?"

Tyson looked at the ground as he spoke in what could barely be classified as a whisper. "Yes."

Percy's smirk grew colder and crueler. "Well where am I now? Huh? I asked you a question, Tyson! Where is the brother that said he's never leave? He's gone, he left!

Where is the brother that said we'd always be brothers? He was disowned, which means we're not really related anymore!

Just where exactly is the brother that swore to never leave your side? I don't see him? Maybe it's because he broke that promise, just like he broke all of his other promises!"

Tyson nearly sobbed but he held it in. He needed to be strong, he couldn't let this Percy imposter see his weakness.

Percy's voice suddenly softened which made Tyson look up at him. His eyes landed on fake Percy's smile, the same smile that the real Percy would give him. "Tyson, I'm only looking our for you. I care about you Tyson. Just turn against me, it's okay. I know I'm a bad person, I've come to peace with it. I know I'm a murderer, I know about all the innocent lives I've taken. I only need one thing from you, just one tiny thing. I need you to hate me."

Tysons eye turned into a glare. "You're not the real Percy! You're not my brother! My brother is no murderer and he knows it deep inside! He knows his not a bad person! And he knows that I could never hate him!"

Tysons voice rose until he was nearly screaming. "Get out! Get away! Leave me alone! I will never hate my brother!"

The imposter scowled as he glared at Tyson. "You'll regret not making this decision while you could."

He let out a low hiss as his body started to shift. His skin seemed to bubble and move as his body wiggled into different forms. Slowly Percy lost all color, he was left as a simple black and grey being. His form collapsed into a blob before light seemed to eminate from within it. The blob like thing seemed to have a sizzling sound coming from it as it moved.

The black and grey blob slowly moved it's way towards the door, towards Tyson who jumped up onto a bed at the sight of it. When the blob reached the doorway it let out one last hiss before lifting into the air and changing into a cloud of black smoke. The smoke zipped away from the cabin and into the sky, disappearing after a short period of time.

Tyson raced to the door and stared after the smoke. He stared out the door for a long time after the smoke disappeared before he closes the door and went to his bed. He didn't dare to touch Percy's now messy bed.

He layed down and turned away from Percy's bed. Once He was faced away from the bed the tears started to flow. "He promised."