12. Dining

Stig

I am downstairs when Nathan finally shows up. I picked the room furthest away from the master bedroom where he is staying, dropped the bag there and then rushed back down here. I should have had a shower but that seemed like the worst idea ever. Being naked after what I have seen... Seriously a bad idea.

So I did the next best thing: I play with the brand new console that was begging me to touch it since I walked in here. I have no idea who owns this house and how this precious little box ended up here but it is a shame to see it go unnoticed.

Even immersed in some beta game that is loaded, I can't resist throwing a look on him as he moves through the open space. He is wearing a pair of sweatpants and call me crazy but for some reason, I know he goes commando under those. The idea of that soft cotton fabric caressing his delectable buttocks and his- Fan! Not again.

I focus back on the game even though I have lost the space race or whatever it was I was doing before he strutted in here with that tight t-shirt on his body. I reload the game and hope that the nerd in me will outdo the horny bastard.

"I'm cooking dinner," his husky voice fills the area.

Nerd 0 - Horny Bastard 1. I have heard some of the Valkyries swoon over the voice of their Riders but I thought they were talking nonsense. That they were putting too much into that trait. Now? Not laughing at all. Nathan's voice, especially tired as he is, is the sexiest thing I have heard.

"OK," I say and struggle to stay focused on avoiding some asteroids.

"Anything special you'd like to eat?"

You, the thought comes at me faster than the comet that explodes my spaceship into smithereens. This is getting more fucked up. I look up to him blaming him for the second consecutive loss. I never lose in games. Ever. And yet around him, I seem to be completely at loss. He looks back unfazed and somewhat bored as he stifles a yawn.

"Allergies?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"Spaghetti good?"

I shrug and start the game again. Third time is the charm. Or so I have heard Vik repeat over and over again. But it's fruitless. My eyes drift from the screen to the man moving in the kitchen with grace. He is concentrated on the job at hand and he looks good enough to eat more than what he is cooking. Good enough for me to feel tempted to go over, push him against that counter and kiss those pouting lips and see if he will moan for me.

My eyes follow his long fingers while they deal with the ingredients and I am mesmerized. I hear some warning sounds from the game but I don't give a shit. All I can do is watch him sideways, not daring to turn my head to him as my whole attention has done. So? He is cooking for you. Wood cooks for you all the time. No big deal. It's just that the last time someone cooked for me, it was-

I get up and head for the kitchen. He looks up to me and I see that same flash of desire that has brought me here. Now what? I open the fridge and take a beer.

"Want one?" I ask Nathan.

"Sure."

I open the bottle and give it to him. We both drink looking at each other. After a few seconds, Nathan puts his beer down and concentrates on what is stirring in the pot.

"What is it that you do?"

Why the fuck am I making small-talk?

"I find people."

"Hm."

"What?"

"I do that sometimes."

"I bet you do. I find people that don't want to be found. Or people that others don't want me to find."