32. Facing

Stig

My phone vibrates in my pocket but it stops  almost immediately. Not that I would answer. My brothers and I are  riding like the wind to where I know Takeshi keeps Nathan. It's an  all-hands-on-deck situation and I am floored by it.

Sure, it's  mostly about Takeshi wanting shit on the Riders but so far, while we  were preparing nobody has even made a comment for revealing who and what  exactly Nat is to me. Well, almost nobody. When Ava was briefed in the  situation, she did two things. The first was to look me in the eye and  say something between the lines "bring Nathan back safely and make an  honest man out of him or I will kick your ass". The second was to do  exactly what Tor wanted her to do before Tor even told her so which  pissed him off.

And now we are heading there. Wood decided it  would be safer to do it tonight. Tomorrow they would be expecting us.  That is why he and Lil'Ed rode alone to scan the area. They didn't get  too close but they reported Koreans guarding the place tightly. Takeshi  is in there. Nathan is in there.

At the thought of the two of  them being together, I boil. I do not know who Takeshi is anymore, it  seems like I never really knew him but this I know. He will hurt Nathan  before delivering him to me, dead or alive. The other thing I know? He  is dead sure I would never tell the Riders.

Takeshi is  projecting. I know he said he pretended to be in love with me to get me  to do shit but I know better. He was as much into me as I was into him.  He might even loved me like I do love Nathan. But not quite. I would  risk anything for Nat. I came out to my brothers not knowing what would  come out of it but I did it for him. If the Riders will kick me out  after all this is over, I don't care. He is worth it. If Tor wants the  arrow burned on my back because I lied, I don't fucking care. All I care  is for Nathan to be alive and well. And perhaps he will find it in him  to forgive me.

"ETA, 10 minutes," Wood says from the comms.

Wood  and Vince are running point on this and they chose Rage and Bjorn to be  on the frontlines. Ironhand and Vik are the ones that stayed behind on  lockdown to keep the Valkyries and the kids safe. The kids.

I  glance at Wood's back as he rides in the front. Bjorn is right next to  him. Both fathers. And yet they are here, risking their lives for shit I  brought onto them and haven't even flinched. I know Tor is riding right  beside me, Runner on my other side. Daniel is here despite his age. The  thralls are riding too with us. Ava is doing her thing too, Tor was on  the phone all the time. My brothers. My friends. My family.

My  fists tighten around the handles. After all this is over, I might have  to give up all of it. And I might have been fine with it if I had Nathan  cause he would be my all. But I fucked up with him too. I should have  been open and honest with the people that mean the most to me. Whatever  happens to me, I deserved it.

Save Nat first, self-pity later.

"What  the fuck?" Wood breaks the usually formal way he communicates via the  comm. "Weapons hot. Don't break formation. Runner and Daniel, I need you  up front. Bjorn, Rage protect Tor," he commands. "Lil'Ed cover our  rear."

Calling Runner and Daniel means he needs the best shots in  our midst. I look up ahead and I see it. An SUV is totaled against the  rails. A bike is close to the car and a four SUV are stopped close.

"I am going to take post on the hill on my left," Wood announces.

My  heart is ready to leap out of my chest. I can't see exactly what Wood  sees but when he swerves out of the way, I see what has him so fucking  on edge. Nat. Nat is there, on his knees. Takeshi is right behind him  with a gun against his head right next to a racing bike