34. Choosing

Stig

I have been at Thing for million times but this time? This time is the single most important one. It's been two days since I got Nat back and I haven't parted with him for one minute. I was bedridden but my injury was not getting in the way of me getting ridden in a whole different way by Nat.

Fuck, my man is hot and sexy and-

"Stig? Stig?" Tor demands. "I fucking swear you all lose 50 points of IQ when you fall," he mumbles.

"That's another way to level the field," I smile.

Tor is not up for it. The past two days he has a permanent scowl and he is pensive. He is taking this shit seriously.

"Did you get anything out of Takeshi's records, phone, all that shit?"

"Nothing I didn't already know. He was talking to his boss back in Kobe and followed orders. Nothing on who gave them the intel."

"Motherfucker!" Tor hits his hand on the table.

Takeshi died on that road. There was nothing Tom could do for him. He bled out rather than reveal anything to us and disgrace his boss. Good riddance! Though Nat was disappointed with this development.

 By the unwritten law we did nothing wrong to cause the Yakuza's revenge but Tor worked hard and still does not only to end this but also to strike a deal so lucrative with the Yakuza that it would close that door from coming at us for good.

"OK, we got a lot of shit to deal with today and I need you all sharp," Tor orders.

We all nod and wait.

"We got a deal with the Yakuza. They push clients, travelers from Japan to our facilities and we give them a nice cut of the proceedings. They seem quite happy with this so I am thinking we should go into the gentlemen's club business."

"Strip clubs," Vince corrects.

"No, I mean a gentleman's club. Exclusive, membership only, high profile."

"Soo, posh strip club," Vik comments, and we all laugh.

"Interrupt me one more time," Tor hisses.

Once more, I am flabbergasted by the fact that Tor, seemingly the less dangerous of us all, is ruling over us. As he gets strict and rigid, I am glad I am not on his bad side and I see that all my brothers feel the same. A natural-born leader.

"It's a lucrative business we can associate with our girls," Tor closes that matter. "We will discuss further on that later."

We all nod. Tor makes most of our strategic decisions and has yet to lead us astray. As I said, we are all dangerous in our way, but we would be dead in the sea without Tor's leadership.

"Now, though that shit with the Yakuza is patched up, they still won't give up who or why came after us. The only thing I got them to admit is that they followed someone's request in a deal. We outbid them but they won't give their former partner up. Stig, I want you on this. Keep an eye on them, see who might try to talk to them again, if they contact someone out of the ordinary. Daniel, you are the oldest active member here."

"True." Daniel nods.

"Someone is gunning for us. Not the Riders. Us. Specifically. Gather intel on past grudges I am not aware of, people getting out of jail, shit like that. Contact all the Kings in the U.S, talk to all the retired members. If we got skeletons in our closets, I want them out."

Daniel nods and we all stay silent. This is a real threat and this time they got really close. All it took was for me to be scared and they would have everything they needed.