Punishment, Death II, and Reunion II

"Hello Esther welcome to your eternity." Lily stated, sternly eyeing the woman.

Esther looked around in the darkness panicking. "What happened?" She whispered.

"Caroline ripped your heart out, just like your son did a thousand years ago."

"What am I doing here?" Esther asked still panicking.

"This is your punishment. Matt and I both agreed. You are to remain here for all eternity, and you are going to watch your family from afar. Your greatest punishment is to watch the family you so carelessly threw away." Lily turned, and started to walk away from her pupil.

"What about a second chance?" Esther cried out.

Lily stopped, and Matt came out of the shadows. "You had it. You cost it when you used me to poison Bonnie, and then when you tried destroy Caroline and Bonnie. There are no more chances, Esther. You will remain here for all eternity."

Esther wept at the statement. She thought she had been doing the right thing, now she knew she was wrong. Her family was now happy, and at peace, and she was going to spend eternity regretting her actions.

~Battlefield~

"I can't do this." Bonnie stated.

Abby touched her daughter's arm. "I know I haven't been there for you while you were growing up, so this is my way to make up for not being there. Bonnie, it is okay."

Bonnie felt her tears welling up. "Mom" She cried.

Caroline held onto her friend, and watched as Abby placed her bleeding arm up to Bonnie's mouth.

Bonnie shook her head, but Abby gently touched her daughter's hair and forced her blood down Bonnie's throat. She fought to keep her eyes open as her daughter began to drink with tears streaming down.

Abby smiled as she felt her daughter begin to take what she needed to live. Bonnie jerked back as she felt two fangs puncturing through her gums. Her eyes began to darken, and she felt veins beginning to form underneath her eyes.

She screamed in pain, and fell on her knees. Caroline kneeled beside her.

"It hurts." She cried.

Caroline rubbed her friends back. "I know."

Abby closed her eyes, and staggered to the tree. Bonnie may not have completely drained her, but she had taken just enough to survive.

Abby smiled as she watched her daughter begin her new life as a vampire, and sighed. Her little girl was going to live forever, and she was not going to make it through the night.

Bonnie looked up to her mother. She panicked when her mother became pale.

"Mom" She cried, as she rushed to her mother.

Abby winced as her daughter touched her arm.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to take so much." Bonnie whispered.

Abby smiled and raised her hand to touch Bonnie's face.

"Finish me." Abby whispered.

Bonnie shook her head. "Mom, I took enough. Caroline, could we give her some blood?"

Caroline nodded, and raised her hand to bite down.

Abby stopped her. "No, I've lived my life. I just want my daughter to live."

"Mom, I need you." Bonnie cried trying to hold her mom up as she was fading fast.

Abby shook her head. "You don't need me. You have a family."

Bonnie sniffed, and inhaled more of her mom's blood. Veins began to form around her eyes, and felt her fangs begin to descend again.

She shook her head, trying to calm her bloodlust. Caroline rubbed her back.

"Take deep breathes, Bonnie."

Bonnie nodded. She took a deep breath and realized her bloodlust was toning down.

"I love you, Bonnie, never forget that." Abby whispered as she took her last breath.

"Mom, Mom, don't do this! Mom!" Bonnie cried, trying to shake her mother alive. "I killed her." She whispered to Caroline.

Caroline wrapped her arms around her friend and cried with her. "She died saving you, Bonnie."

Bonnie shook her head. "I took too much."

"Sh, sh, it's going to be okay. I know exactly how you feel. I'll never forget the man I killed after I turned. I hated myself, but it was because of what I did that I learned control." Caroline whispered, stroking her friend's hair.

Bonnie cried silently. "Let's go home, Caroline."

Caroline nodded. "I'll bury her and then we'll go home."

Bonnie nodded.

Bonnie sat in silence as Caroline dug a hole and buried her mother. Tears fell down her face as she watched. Once Abby was carefully buried, Caroline helped her friend up and guided her back to the mansion.

Night had fallen by the time they had reached the mansion. Kol charged out the door followed by Klaus, very closely.

"Bonnie," Kol said, getting closer. He stopped a few feet away when noticed the change. "Oh, Bonnie"

Bonnie shook her head. "Kol," She cried as she lowered her eyes.

Kol felt tears fall down his face. His Bonnie was now a vampire. "My Bonnie lass" He whispered, coming closer.

Bonnie broke. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and let out a cry. Kol wrapped his arms around her waist and held her. After a second, he scoped her up and carried her inside towards their room.

Klaus approached Caroline and noticed blood on her hands and clothes.

"Caroline, are you alright?" He asked.

Caroline nodded, and then shook her head. "No, I'm not. I just killed five hybrids, watched my best friend turn into a vampire, and I killed fiancée's mother."

Klaus smiled sadly. "So she is dead."

Caroline nodded. "She told me to tell you that she was sorry, and that she loved you."

Klaus nodded and reached up to gently caress her face. "You came back."

Caroline smiled. "I promised didn't I, and I always keep my promises."

Klaus smiled. "Come here."

Caroline cried out and collapsed in his arms. She felt like she was home.

"Take me home, Nik." She whispered.

Klaus nodded and picked her up bridal style and carried her inside to their bedroom.

Tomorrow was a brand new day, and full of happiness and discovery, but tonight was a night for suffering and healing.