Fighting Humanity

Caroline awoke in the soft morning light, and looked down at her body. Her clothes had been placed back on her, and she realized they were different. This time she wasn't wearing jeans, she was wearing a knee length yellow dress. The blood stains, that had once covered her body, were gone. Her hair was neatly combed and pulled back. She suspected she didn't look like she had been tortured for three days.

She flashed back to yesterday, and cringed at the thought of what Mikael had done. She remembered her words to Klaus. Mikael had raped her, but not in the physical way. He had raped her soul.

He had left Jeremy's body and had plunged into Caroline's soul. He took the one thing she had cherished. He took her spirit and courage. He had raped her. He raped her humanity. In doing so, he had taken a little piece of her humanity, and in his rage he stripped his clothes from his body, and attempted to physically rape her, but the humanity he had taken, affected him. He had changed from the cold hearted sick man to a sorrowful pitiful man who could not get the satisfaction of taking her humanity or her light.

He had tried three times to enter her, but what little strength she did have kept him from entering her, and taking her completely. She should have told Klaus, Mikael tried to take her light. The one thing Klaus loved about her was almost stolen.

That was what Mikael meant when he said he was going to make Klaus look at her in disgust. He was going to take her humanity and light. That kind of torture would have been the worst form. Taking her humanity would have ensured her light would have been destroyed and she would have gone to the point of no return.

She leaned her head back, and wondered why Mikael had decided to dress her. She closed her eyes, and imagined Klaus.

He almost took my humanity, Nik. She thought to him, hoping he can still hear her.

I know, love. He replied back, filling her soul.

Caroline smiled at the warmth he sent at his words. The smile quickly faded when the door opened and Mikael entered the room.

Caroline tensed as he came closer. Mikael gave a sad smile, as he reached out to touch her face.

Caroline flinched at his touch, and narrowed her eyes at him. "You raped me." She spat out.

Mikael sighed. "I tried. You have a strong soul, my dear."

"You raped me." She repeated, more aggressively.

"Not physically." He replied, still touching her face.

"You RAPED me!" She shouted at him, causing her eyes to darken.

Mikael smiled. "I succeeded, my dear. Your humanity is beautiful, but unnecessary."

"No matter what you do or did to me. I will never give in to you." She stated with seriousness.

"You have already given into me, Caroline." Mikael sneered, his evil attitude returning.

Caroline narrowed her eyes. "What are you talking about? You raped my soul. You tried to rape my body. You almost destroyed my spirit, because you can't stand to see Nik happy." She shouted in his face, her fangs coming down, and veins emerging under her eyes.

"I would have raped you completely, had it not been for your humanity leaking into me." Mikael paused, touching Caroline's body through her new dress. "Do you know what's happening to you?" He whispered, leaning forward to her ear, his lips brushing her skin lightly.

Caroline shivered at the contact in disgust. "Get away from me." She stated.

Mikael leaned back. "You're losing, Caroline. By this afternoon, your humanity will be mine, and your precious Nik will have no choice but to kill you because your light, your humanity will be gone forever. Darkness will be your only friend." Mikael replied with a sneer, satisfaction lining his words.