Possessions and the Past

"Mikael let her go." Klaus demanded.

Mikael stroked her face in thought.

"No, I don't think so, Niklaus. You can say I'm saving her from you."

"What are you talking about? She loves me, Mikael."

He scoffed. "Love, she doesn't love you. She loathes you. The only reason she is with you now is to keep you from hurting her friends. She despises you, boy."

Klaus closed his eyes in pain. His mind and heart were at war. He began to search his soul, and found truth buried deep within himself. He opened his eyes and stared at Mikael.

"You're wrong. I know she loves me." Klaus replied, defiantly.

Mikael sneered. "No one could love you, boy."

Klaus stepped towards him. "She does, and so does my family."

Mikael shook his head. "They only pretend."

"Like you, no, you never did." Klaus replied pointing at his father, but then dropping his hand.

"I did at first, but then I realized what you were at age one." Mikael replied, honestly.

"What do you want?"

Mikael stepped towards Klaus. "I want you to suffer. The way you made me suffer. I'm going to take away the only thing you truly cherish."

Klaus' eyes widened and his heart clenched in fear.

Mikael was a foot away. He smiled with hatred and satisfaction at the fear he provoked.

Klaus watched as Caroline's eyes, no Mikael's, fill with hatred. His heart twisted at the sight of his beloved's beautiful eyes fill with so much hatred.

It's not Caroline. He told himself.

Mikael chuckled. "You know what. I have a brilliant idea. I think, I'll have a little fun with her first."

Klaus narrowed her eyes. "She's innocent, Mikael. She has done nothing."

"She's with you, boy. That's reason enough." Mikael returned.

Klaus swallowed hard, and held down the urge to strike at Mikael.

Mikael sneered once again. "You can't hurt her, can you? I can, though." He replied, as he reached up and began to push his hand inside her stomach.

In that moment, Caroline emerged. Mikael still controlled her action, but she spoke through her heart.

"Nik" She whispered in pain.

"Caroline" Klaus cried, wanting to hold her.

"No matter, what he says," She paused in pain, as the hand went deeper in her stomach. "I love you, Nik. I always will." She barely finished before she cried out in pain.

Klaus jumped at the sound, and tears fell down his face as he watched.

"I love you too, love." He whispered.

Caroline's eyes shown with love and she gave a weak smile as Mikael pulled the hand out and again took control.

"You see, boy. I can do whatever I like to her, and there is nothing you can do to stop me." He laughed.

Klaus felt his anger beginning to overshadow his grief, but he toned it down because he knew anger wouldn't help his Caroline at all.

Mikael walked over to the door, and opened it.

"Don't even think about following us, because if you do, I will kill her."

Klaus' eyes widened as he watched Caroline walk out of his life, with Mikael in control.