that crazy

Jenna arrived at her old house that once belonged to her grandmother. Her grandparents had many houses in many different places which annoyed Jenna. She placed her bags on the patio and knocked on the door waiting for an answer.

Finally, her grandfather, Michael, opened the door. As soon as he saw Jenna, he frowned. "What are you doing here, Jenn? Who's running the shop?"

Jenna playfully scoffed. "Glad to know that the first thing you thought of was my shop and what the hell I'm doing here, grandpa."

Michael let her in helping her with her bags. "I do like your presence here my darling, but you left this place to be happy. Were you not happy?"

The brunette let out a sigh and looked down at her shoes. Michael knew what was wrong. Jenna began to tear up. Michael opened his arms, bringing his granddaughter into a well needed hug.

"Your parents can be a little bit annoying once in a while, but they still love you. Now what did they say?" Michael stroked her hair as she let out her feelings.

"They didn't say it to my face. I don't think they had the guts to. Mom said that I was failing her by opening up the shop and that she should've shut it down when she had the chance." Jenna wiped away her tears.

Michael guided her to the living room and sat down with her. "Your mother had a way with words. I know parents are supposed to support you, but they won't always agree with your decision. Your great grandmother hated the idea of me joining the chess club because she thought they were doing drugs."

"But they weren't were they?" Jenna asked curiously.

"Only after graduation."

"Grandpa, you dropped out of school."

Michael smiled at jenna. "Yeah I did. And that was the best decision I've ever made."

"I know you have a problem with thinking that you're not enough. But you are my darling. You're more than enough, remember that." Michael placed his hand on hers. "Even that guy who chased you all the way to the airport dressed as Brian May thought you were enough."

"Wait, how do you know he did that?" Jenna asked.

"Steven." Michael nodded. "Plus no one is that crazy to go out like that for a girl. You should feel special."