Page 6 : Bang bang on the coffin nails

Aori tails the redhead from behind, taking tiny, rapid steps onward. Fear and thrill make her heart race, what if Akashi finds out she wants to run away? Her fist presses against her chest and eyes sink to her feet.

"Catch up." Seijuurou orders, shooting her a glance over his shoulder. The girl is taken aback, her feet freeze momentarily and she stops, the dread within her looks to make her forget how to resume walking.

Seijuurou peers behind again, meaning that it has been the last droplet of his patience fallen to the ground. The look in his eyes is as sharp as a blade, it reflects the cool of his heart. Aori shakes her head, her legs automatically take a cowardly step back.

"Don't hurt me." She cries out, her voice is breaking off to the point where Akashi might not hear her plea.

In a second the redhead's features soften and a confident smirk is present on his face. Whatever he finds amusing in his servant's words is not going to rid Aori of the menacing consequences of her insolence. She swallows the lump in her throat and pools up the courage to take another step, drawing nearer to Akashi's bed chamber.

Stepping inside, she meets his back again. This is what she gets to face the most, she has already studied her master's behind like it was an open book lying in front of her: his broad shoulders and nape which Aori has always found attractive. Is it strange to be fascinated by the back of one's neck? She'll never bother to care.

"You seem to be getting along with that filthy kid." Akashi snorts. Aori can feel the disgust he's overflowed with, she can hear it in his tone, she can feel it ringing in her every bone. If her master is to punish the innocent Kahu for her deeds, she won't ever find peace of mind.

She begs him not to drag the young servant into it, promises to never disobey and to never go against his will again, only if he lets Kahu stay. Her knees are buzzing because she might be prohibited to see the boy again, to talk to him, to smile to him. No matter how many times Kahu has averted her hospitable grin, she still found the strength to stretch her lips upwards, hoping that one day he'd smile back at her. She grew attached to the little boy, and she can see through his expressionless face that he has grown attached to her also.

To her own dismay and frustration, Aori ends up separated from her only friend. Both dawn their eyes on their feet once they have to cross ways, casually walking past one another as if their friendship never existed. Both hearts are heavy with languor, yet the absolute orders of their master is what saves their being in the mansion, what keeps them in touch, though Aori's craving for an actual touch. To hold her friend in a tight embrace, to keep him occupied when he's done cleaning up in the residence.

Minutes tick by, drawing endless circles around the clock. The amethyst orbs of a petite lady have not slipped off his watch, she's carefully watching the time. Soon, it'll become time they ought to return, and she will finally be able to play her favourite game on the console.

Having been brought to the mall with Seijuurou once again, Aori freely roams around the boutiques ..freely until her 10 feet leash strains and she gets pulled back to the redhead by a guard. She's never had liberty, the short-dated moments she's spent in a bathroom, away from Akashi's range of sight are not considered liberty.

When the evening comes and the sun starts setting, the sky takes an amaranthine colour which spills into a rich tangerine of the sunbeams slowly diving into the horizon. The hetero chromatic-eyed lad asks his guards to leave and takes Mizuru home on his own.

They're walking shoulder to shoulder and in complete silence, it's soothing. For Aori it is calming because she doesn't have to feel the cool of Akashi's words on herself, for him - because there is no one else around and he can keep an eye on his servant without anyone else's intruding.

"Your little friend's not been doing well. We cannot afford keeping him in the mansion." Announces Akashi, making the violet oculars of the raven girl to land on his face, tiny pearls stick to their corners. Her mind becomes a mess for a second before she's able to put the thoughts together.

"What?" Is all she manages to utter whilst her feet stubbornly stick to the pavement. The redhead turns around and steps towards her, bowing his head so that his bangs obscure the view of his eyes.

"Akashi residence is not a shelter for the homeless." His voice booms inside Aori's ears like a thunder. She hoped she'd never have to hear those words, but the absolute master won't change his mind, her words are nothing but a meaningless waste of sounds to him.

Angered and frustrated, the girl spins on her heel and attempts to dash away from the lad, not exactly aware of where she is going, or what is she trying to prove him by recklessly jumping at the road.

He seizes her hand a thrusts her to the side, taking the blow instead of her.

A crash, a collision and a loud cry of a hopeless child.

What have you done now, Mizuru? What will wash away the sin of your deed?