Page 8 : Forgiveness Note

A/n - hiiii! Happy New Year! :)))) sorry for being gone for so long. I've been working hard and spent holidays with kids from the hospital (some of you know that i do community service) and ive never felt better :D hope u all have a lovely year full of success, happiness and adventures

___________________

It's midday. Aori has sneaked into the ward for she is no longer allowed inside. She's distrusted and feared, as well as shunned by whoever comes to see Akashi.

Past week has been oddly quiet; figures marched into the ward and out of it in a split second, it felt like she was at a funeral of some old gramps who was highly despised by everyone, yet his status left them no choice but to attend his farewell evening.

Swallowing the sore lump in her throat, Mizuru Aori tiptoes into an empty room and draws the curtains obscuring the bunk on which lies the bedridden boy. Seijuuro's still unconscious and still cold as a stone.

What are centuries to the one who no longer feels the time affecting them, and what are centuries to Aori, who looms over the pale face of her master and wishes he woke up.

She's afraid of his rage, afraid of the judgment in his hetero-chromatic eyes, but more than those things she fears that he will never live to give her that sight.

Her hand reaches for his and squeezes it tightly before the side of her head is is laid on his bed whites and orbs are blankly pointed at a boring, monotonous wall.

Where did the strong, determined Aori go.. She realizes that she has never left the borders of the flat screen at all, she has never been strong past her favourite 2D world, though, even there Akashi managed to defeat her somehow.

She nestles up on the small stool beside his bunk and stares into his motionless face. A small smile cracks across her face as she watches the mask over his mouth go misted because of his weak breaths. He's alive. He's waiting for someone to pull him out of the gloom of despair and hopelessness, but it can't be her. She's the source of his ill-being, not a cure to it.

The raven-haired girl stays cautious, not to be caught inside Akashi's ward. She's get herself in trouble if someone finds out she's here. Not that she's afraid of punishment or more severe words, she only wants to see Seijuuro now.

Her eyelids became heavy by the time the clock inside the ward struck three. Aori's surprised that not a single doctor, or a visitor, not even a nurse checked up on the patient during the long three hours she spent there. Fury started to boil her blood, how could everyone leave him like that?!

And then she questions.. Would she not do the same, if only she was the innocent? She would've been far, on her way home. Akashi, too, is a very lonely person.

A gentle touch snaps her out of anger, and she drops her gaze down on the bed. Still motionless.

What exactly was that?

She sits back down and tries to slip her hand from over Seijuuro's, but he seizes it, he seizes it tight.

Surprised Aori lets out a brief scream and knocks the stool down from under herself, starting to call the doctor.

"A-" Akashi tries to utter, but only agonized notes leave his throat.

Hospital staff start flooding the room, and as they start rearranging the equipment keeping Seijuuro alive, he opens his weary, swollen eyes and mumbles under his breath,

"Is Aori ..okay?"

The purple orbs of the servant girl widen immediately and glow with crystal tears that have found a nest in the corners of her eyes. Her mouth starts to shake and so do her knees, she gives Akashi's hand a squeeze and weeps loudly.

"Akashi-sama..." She sobs and she shakes her head. "Don't you... Don't you hate her?!" She exclaims, letting the salty droplets roll down her rose cheeks.

Her mind's too foggy to comprehend that never in his life would Akashi Seijuuro save someone he hates, and never would he be concerned so much, that the first thing he asked when leaving the coma is if Aori's safe.

No answer follows, and Aori's now forcefully dragged out of the ward, where there take the control of situation Akashi's personal doctor and the lovely nurse which kept watching over the redhead. The curly-haired nurse bends her eyebrows and gives Aori a reassuring wave before she seals the door shut. He's going to be perfectly fine.

He's going to be perfectly fine.

She repeats in her head over and over again. There's hope, there's a chance.

She can't stop thinking about him, she's never seen him so defenseless before, neither has she heard his voice so trembling, breaking. It feels like he needs her, yet it is too much power for Aori to wield.

"Mizuru-san," the nurse leaves the room and joins Aori on a small bench. "The patient is okay, still unable to move about freely, but he's fully conscious." She informs, making the young girl's heart bloom.

"He keeps pronouncing a name, it could be a good therapy for him to see that person in a couple of hours when he gets rest." She adds, and the purple-eyed girl can feel her heart sinking again. It's probably her name that Akashi keeps saying, but now that he really is conscious, she's too frightened to meet his eyes and accept whatever he has to say.

"Do you know anyone named 'Aori'? We'd be grateful if you brought them here."

Time stops for her, air freezes, body goes limp. It's time to face your greatest fear.