Chapter 2 - Omega

Since Luke had said they'd be back at sunset, Percy – now definitely sixteen – and the others had been working towards that as a time-line. As everyone readied themselves for the approaching army, Typhoon advanced on the city.

Percy had been forced to spend the majority of the day resting, so he was prepared and calmed down after the previous confrontation.

The Titan Army didn't stop this time, instead marching straight down the street towards the demigods. Percy's eyes narrowed when he saw that Kronos or Luke wasn't leading them, unlike the last advance. It was suspicious.

Instead, Prometheus stood at the front. He was still dressed in his tux, which was an odd choice of wear for war, but Percy wasn't going to complain. Like Prometheus' father – Iapetus – the Titan wielded a spear. His grey eyes gleamed with amusement as he set his eyes on Percy.

"I feel that I must congratulate you, Percy. I haven't seen Kronos that angry in millennia," the Titan said. "Unfortunate as it was for the United Nations building. And the hundred or so monsters that he combusted in the blast. Also unfortunate for all of you." He clicked his tongue and shook his head mockingly. "Truly unfortunate. I had hoped to barter for your survival with him – half-blood or no, you are all still mortals, and I do truly care for all mortals."

"What are you talking about?" Percy demanded, Riptide held tightly in his hand.

The Titan across from him scowled. "The angrier we are, the more powerful we are. Anger gives us strength. I'm sure filling in the gaps may be difficult for you, but please do try."

Percy bristled at the intended insult. The other alpha was purposefully trying to anger him.

Prometheus just smiled. "Kronos said that he wants them all dead," he said to the army behind him. "It would be best for us to do as requested. We wouldn't want to disappoint him, would we?"

That seemed to be the signal for an attack. The army surged forward, parting to run around the Titan and the demigods were almost immediately swamped.

In the adrenaline rush of the battle, demigods lashed out as anything coming towards them. A few unfortunate demigods found themselves directly attacking the Titan in the battle, and were promptly tossed aside after a spear was thrust straight through their chest plates.

Then, Percy suddenly found himself facing a familiar swordsman. His moves were very familiar to Percy, familiar and very good. But it was only when Percy's sword bit through the armour covering his sword-arm that he realised who it was. Riptide simply bounced off the skin underneath.

Luke grinned at him – Luke with blue eyes – before slamming the hilt of his sword into Percy's cheek. It didn't break the skin, but he definitely felt the force of the blow as his head snapped to the side and Luke took the opportunity to kick him in the chest. Percy barely even stumbled, which was when he knew there was a definite problem. With Kronos possessing him, Luke's strength had increased a hundredfold, but now he seemed to be back onto even ground with Percy.

What had Prometheus said?

And the hundred or so monsters that he combusted in the blast... Anger gives us strength.

Kronos was gone. Percy's taunting earlier, his attempt at standing firm before the Titan, had caused the Titan to get angry enough that he could rip himself free from Luke. But where was he?

He was distracted by the blade of Luke's sword bouncing off his chest. The other alpha grinned at him, his scent back to normal. "Come on, Perce. Don't get distracted. This is a war, right?" With that said, he lunged and Percy danced to the side to try to get a hit in. Both of them were mostly invulnerable – this fight between them could last for hours.