Chapter 29 - Pricus

"He didn't say where the map was?" Annabeth demanded.

"No," Percy said. "Lots of other helpful things. But not that."

"Doesn't that seem a little odd?" Jason asked. "A Titan being helpful."

"He's right," Annabeth said. "Something's not right here."

"Why didn't Kronos tell us about the bounties when he was here?" Hazel questioned. "Or maybe about Troy, or Crete?"

"Where is Troy?" Leo asked.

Annabeth groaned. "He's told us where to go, but that's just raised more questions than answers."

"We've got to go somewhere," Jason said.

"The eagles are right behind us," Leo agreed.

Percy summoned a rainbow. "Oh Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Kronos, I-don't-know-where. Wherever he usually is."

He was surprised when he actually saw Kronos through the screen of mist a few seconds later. Koios was sprawled out along a pillowed bench next to him. Percy raised an eyebrow.

Kronos cut off mid-sentence when he saw Percy, his eyes widening slightly. "Alpha," he greeted cheerfully.

A smile tugged at Percy's lips. "Hey," he said. He nodded his head to Koios. "Hello, Koios." The older Titan scowled at him, and Kronos nudged him with a faint frown.

"Be nice, Koios. At least for now."

The Alpha Titan grumbled, but let his head rest back down. "Just because you asked nicely, brother dearest."

Kronos' eyes gleamed. "Yes," he said. With his brother content for now, Kronos returned his attention to Percy. "Percy," he murmured in greeting.

Percy's lips twitched. "Just thought I'd check in," the alpha said. "See how you were."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow at Percy, but the son of Poseidon pointedly avoided her gaze. Kronos hummed. "Right," he said with a rueful smile. "And the other reason?"

Koios snorted.

"Koios mentioned there was a map to the Mark of Athena that every immortal knew about. But he didn't mention where it is?"

Kronos frowned at his brother. "He didn't?" He turned to grin at Percy again. "No matter. Charleston. You'll want to hurry. I hear the Romans are still on your tails."

Percy nodded. "Yeah. Unfortunately. Thanks, Kronos."

The Titan's eyes gleamed. "No problem, Percy. I'm happy to help." Koios erupted into full-blown laughter, and Kronos scowled before slashing through the message. The last thing Percy saw of his omega was of him whipping around to glare at his alpha brother.

"Charleston," Percy said. "Leo, set course to Charleston."

"Yes, Captain Salt Water!"

Percy sighed.

"So we'll go to Charleston to find the map that Koios mentioned," Annabeth said. "Then we'll have to find a way to get to Troy and Crete."

"But why would Koios want us to go there?" Jason asked warily. "I think it goes without saying that you should never trust a Titan. They're planning something."

"Obviously," Annabeth agreed. She glanced over at Percy, whom only ignored her. "Maybe Kronos will spill everything if Percy asks," she said half-heartedly.

"It's a long shot," Piper said. "I doubt he will."

"He's the Crooked One for a reason," Hazel added.