Chapter 41 - Son of Magic

Zeus' fury had lit up the sky for miles around the Argo II once they had finished telling him everything they could all remember. The King of the gods had left with a parting promise of finding Kronos, since apparently the Titan hadn't been too subtle as he had ventured around the world. According to him, Artemis would be able to track the Titan Lord down and with some luck find where the Giants were hiding at the same time. After Jason had reminded Zeus about Percy, the sky god had reluctantly agreed to sent the demigod back to them if the Olympians found him still alive.

The Argo II had been directed to continue on towards Epirus, to the Doors of Death.

Jason was reluctant, but he knew that the closing of the Doors was the priority. The gods would handle Kronos. First, however, Zeus had removed the time statis on the nine decapitated bodies of the Kouretes whom had tried to defend Amalthea. Jason knew the nine Kouretes had been baby Zeus' protectors when he was younger, singing and dancing loud enough to cover the new-born's screams so Kronos couldn't find him. As the demigods had suspected, Zeus had confirmed that it had been Kronos whom had decapitated them.

Leo spun his wii remote once they were all aboard, starting to turn the Argo II around. "Epirus?" He asked.

"The Doors of Death," Nico muttered. He frowned. "Rhea – a Titan – counted as a god against Enceladus, right?"

Jason nodded. "Yes," he said. "Why?"

"I'm willing to bet that there will be a Giant at the Doors," Nico said.

Hazel nodded. "It's likely," she agreed.

Leo raised an eyebrow. "Well, unless you have a Titan in your pocket, we'll have to hope we have some godly intervention."

Nico smiled. "As a matter of fact, I do."

Jason pressed his lips together. "They can be trusted?"

"Yes," Nico said firmly.

"Alright," Jason said, trusting the son of Hades' word. "See if you can convince them to help. We're heading to Epirus."

--

Annabeth was about to snap.

Since leaving Tartarus himself behind them, Hyperion had been brooding and Luke hadn't said a word, only poking her occasionally with the point of his sword to keep her limping along being the Titan.

The silence was starting to get on Annabeth's nerves.

She was wishing for a monster attack, if only for some action. Though she doubted any monster would be so stupid as to attack Hyperion. If there was one good thing that came out of Hyperion finding them, it was finding the Doors of Death quickly. Annabeth knew that without Luke and Hyperion she'd have been hopelessly lost, though she wasn't fond of being their prisoner either.

"The Giants," Annabeth finally said to break the silence. Hyperion's stony silence continued, and Luke shifted his grip on his sword. "If Kronos is the one still running the show," she said, "what does he plan with Porphyrion? Why is he willing to mate with Porphyrion?"

That made Hyperion chuckle. "Who said he is?" He asked in amusement. "Kronos is Kronos, he's a free spirit. If Porphyrion thinks he's actually going to end up mating with Kronos he's going to be surprised." The Titan's fiery eyes gleamed. "Let the Giants be our shock troops," Hyperion said. "When all of this is said and done, both Giants and gods will be suffering down here. Just as Kronos promised Tartarus. Tartarus lives off the suffering of immortals, off their screams and their pain and fear."

Annabeth gaped at him. "What makes you think it'll work?" She asked. "Who's stronger – Kronos or Porphyrion?"

"Or Zeus," Luke muttered from behind her.