Chapter 31 - Pillars of Hercules

Bythos and Aphros had reminded Percy of Chiron, which made sense since they were brothers.

The fish-brothers had the same stature as Chiron, the same regal hold that Percy had picked up on in their godly half-siblings too. The familiarity had Percy settling quickly as he told them what had happened in their quest so far. They had assured Percy that they'd look into the aquarium in Atlanta, and they agreed between themselves to find Pricus – "Us illegitimate children of Kronos need to stick together, lots of immortals don't like us on principal." – before Leo, Hazel and Frank were brought into the large hut.

Back on the surface, Percy waited anxiously for Kronos to emerge from the depths. The brothers had said they wanted a word alone with their father and sent the demigods up ahead, not even listening to Percy's protests.

But, true to their word, nearly half an hour after Percy had breached the surface, Kronos emerged in a shower of seawater that swamped the deck.

Percy let out a sharp breath, scanning his omega over just to make sure that there was no lasting damage. Kronos seemed oddly thoughtful as he observed Percy in return, at least until he spotted the basket of brownies that the brothers had given them. The Titan snatched up a handful with a frown.

"You two aren't going to spend even longer making us wait are you?" Annabeth asked as she poked her head back onto the deck. Apparently Kronos' landing had been heavier than Percy had noticed.

"We can meet up here," Leo called from the quarterdeck.

Annabeth sighed before retreating back down the stairs.

Percy smiled. "Thanks, Leo."

The son of Hephaestus flashed him a thumbs up and a grin. "Yeah. What's up with her?"

Percy frowned and shrugged. "No clue."

Kronos snorted, scooping up yet another handful of brownies. Percy frowned and shoved him, but it was like trying to move a statue. "Hey, I know you've got a bottomless stomach and all," Percy said, "but we'd like some too."

"They're good."

"I know."

The Titan Lord shrugged. He paused, then looked over to Percy and opened his mouth.

"We need to find Nico –"

"And the Mark of Athena."

"Kronos?" Percy questioned, completely ignoring the other demigods who'd emerged onto the deck.

"Later," Kronos muttered. He frowned down at the brownies in his hand as if they'd personally offended him. "It's not important."

Percy slowly nodded before moving to follow the others. "Come on."

The Titan stayed where he was, allowing the demigods their moment to plan. He sighed, turning back to search the sea for any sign of a tailfin, maybe half-hoping that he'd spot one and could slip beneath the waves and never be found again. Only, he knew that his stupid alpha would jump in after him.

"Kronos?"

Kronos groaned and turned to face Percy. "Yes?" Percy gestured for him to come over. The omega huffed, but did so. "What?"

"What's the Athena Parthenos?"

The Titan stilled.

Percy's eyes furrowed. "You've heard of it, right?"

"Of course. Athena's pride and joy being carted off by the Roman Barbarians? I was laughing about it for weeks."

Jason bristled slightly. Frank and Hazel tensed at the insult, but none of the three said anything.