Chapter Two

Warnings:
Interrogations
Captivity
Combat

Knocked Out
Unconscious
Kidnapping

Natasha's POV

Natasha walks into the room where Loki is contained. Loki is standing, is back to Natasha, arms behind his back. He stands in the glass containment box, similar to the one used when the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. first captured him. Loki turns to Natasha, a smirk on his face.

"This feels all too familiar, Agent Romanoff," Loki says. "When we first spoke in this format, it was due to the fact that I had stolen the Tesseract. Tell me, what are your reasons now?"

"I am hoping you'll tell me," Natasha says. "What are you doing on Earth?"

Loki shrugs. "Nothing much at the moment, I'd say so."

"Then why come to Earth?" Natasha asks.

"Oh, Midgard--or Earth, as you call it--is better suited to my needs than other worlds in Odin's reign," Loki says calmly.

"And what are your needs?"

Loki shudders. "Anything is better than the Asgardian prison."

"Well, you're back in a cell, Loki."

"Trust me when I say this is better."

"You aren't exactly the most trustworthy individual," Natasha says, a hint of doubt in her voice.

"Neither are you, Agent Romanoff," Loki says, stepping forward in his cell. Natasha keeps her same emotionless face on, but fails to cover her look of dismay for a split second. "If I can recall from our first conversation, you have a very red ledger, dripping with blood. Tell me, has that changed at all?"

Natasha smirked. "Oh, it's just as red. Red with the blood of evildoers."

"And red with the blood of civilians. Oh yes, in my brief moment of freedom, I saw what happened. Tell me, what is the blood count of everyone who died in your battles?"

"Lower than what it would have been if I didn't interfere."

"I see." Loki stepped back from the glass. "Well, you have absolutely no reason to hold me. Have I done anything that would suggest I have plans? Because I don't. Oh well, I doubt you'd feel comfortable letting me go. Give my brother my regards." With that, Natasha leaves, frustrated with the frost giant.

•••

Loki's POV

No.

•••

Thor's POV

Thor stands in the hall, waiting for Natasha to come, bearing news of Loki. Natasha comes out, frustration displayed on her face. "Natasha, what news do you bear concerning Loki?" he asks.

"None," Natasha says. "He claims to be here for no reason, just because he likes Earth. I don't believe a word of it, but all he's done is manage to change the subject."

Thor sighs. Loki tends to do that a lot. "Let me try. I'm his brother. Maybe I can figure something out."

Thor walks into the prison, Loki's eyes piercing into his own. "Hello, brother," Loki says. "Did you finally decide to speak to me, after all this time?"

"Yes, I have, in fact," Thor says. "After we've found three Infinity Stones in a small span of time, I figured it might be wise to see what is amiss in the universe. I figured that might be a little more important."