Chapter Sixteen

Warnings:
Kidnapping
Captivity
Pet
names
Compliance
Non-consensual touch (non-sexual)
Crying
Mind control
Nightmare
Sharing a bed (non-sexual) (originally consensual)
Lima Syndrome

Your POV

"Darling, come here," Loki says while leaning against the doorframe. Not wanting to anger him, you quickly approach him, unable to look up at his face. When you're close enough, Loki puts a finger under your chin and tilts your head up. He looks at you, gentle as always. "I will always protect you and keep you safe. Understood?" You nod, not knowing how else to respond. "Everything I do is for your own good, do you understand?"

You look down nervously. Loki's voice is soft as silk, same as always, but something feels off about him. It feels like Loki is leading up to something. Something you won't like. Regardless, you answer how Loki wants you to. "Yes," you barely manage to say, your voice quiet and shaky.

Loki's thumb rubs soothingly against your jaw. "You need not be frightened, dearest. I'm not going to let anything touch you. To do that, I need to put in place precautionary measures." Something isn't right. Maybe you're only paranoid, but either way your instincts are telling you to run. But you can't, not if you want to please Loki. You can't control your lip trembling, your shaking hands, or the few tears that slip down your face. "Sh, darling, please don't cry. There's not one thing I do that isn't for your safety," Loki says as he thumbs away your tears. He puts his other hand on your back and pulls you into an embrace. He keeps his hand firmly on your head, pushing it into the crook of his neck. Instinctually, you had put your hands up when Loki pulled you to him. They now rest against Loki's chest, shaking. "Hush, everything will be okay. It will be scary at first, but you'll get used to it."

Before you can ask Loki what he's going to do, your head starts to hurt. The origin of the pain is Loki's hand on your head. Loki's hold on you is tight and despite your struggling to be free of this pain, his grip doesn't relent. "What, what are you doing to me?" you ask, terrified of the answer.

"Sh, it will be over soon my dearest. Then you'll be safe," Loki croons. A moment later, the pain subsides. You find yourself craning your head up to look at Loki. Your body moves on its own. You try to force yourself away from Loki, but your body doesn't do what your mind wants it to. Loki smiles softly. Perfect. This will help me keep you safe, darling, Loki says. You hear his voice in your mind, and you don't see Loki's lips moving.

You wake up with a gasp. The first thing you see is Loki's chest less than an inch away from your face, making you gasp again. Your head is resting on his upper arm. His arms are wrapped around your torso, holding you close to him. If you tilt your head as much as you can, you can see that Loki is asleep. His body still radiates heat. Shakily, you try to push yourself away from Loki, but you can't break out of his hold. And you don't dare wake him up.

Between your nightmare and sharing the bed with Loki, you can't hold back your tears. You cry silently and hope to not wake Loki with your tears and shaking. In general you don't want Loki to see you emotionally vulnerable anymore, but you are even more terrified of what will happen if you wake him up.

How didn't I think of it before? If Loki is so obsessed with protecting me, he could do the same thing he did with Wanda to me. If he takes away my autonomy, he can control where I go and what I do. He can watch me constantly. He can communicate with me whenever. Even if he freed me, I would never be safe from him. He could've done it already without telling me. If he didn't, I have no way to protect myself if he decides to do it.

Your mind continues to race with these thoughts. It doesn't help that Loki is holding you securely. All he'd have to do is do the spell. In your nightmare he had to touch your head, but that doesn't mean that's how it works in real life. Maybe he could do it without moving a muscle now that he's touching you. You continue crying while thinking about this. You cry against Loki's chest; there isn't much of a choice for you to do otherwise. Sobs wrack your body. You try to control yourself, not wanting to wake Loki with your shaking. You can't handle that right now.