Chapter Six

Warnings:
Kidnapping
Captivity
Restrained (Tied to a Chair)
Non-Consensual Touch (Non-Sexual)
Begging
Pet Names
Crying
Lima Syndrome
Menstruation Mention

Your POV

You awaken with a start at the sound of the steel door scraping across the tile floor. You tense and warily watch as Loki enters. He remains silent as he circles you, his gaze as piercing as a saber. You try to follow him with your eyes, but your neck has other plans. To save yourself from a lot of easily avoidable pain, you look forward, grimacing and biting your lip. You hear Loki's footsteps stop and feel his hands brushing hair away and putting his hands on your neck. You shudder as his icy hands rub your sore muscles. You wish you were on a bed, curled up, with a book, with no need to worry about an evil Norse god.

Before you know it, the pain in your neck is gone. "Th-thank you," you say quietly. It doesn't feel right to be grateful to Loki of all people.

"My pleasure."

All your pleasure, none of it mine, you think. Well, I guess the neck thing isn't bad.

You watch as he walks away and grabs the chair that is by the table and brings the chair to sit facing you. He sits in front of you, a smile playing across his lips. "Sleep well?"

"I guess," you say after a moment of hesitation. Your voice is shaky and quiet. You chew at your lower lip in worry.

"I'm sorry for the discomfort," Loki says. "We'll just have to work around that."

You want to shrink away, melt into the chair, anything to escape this feeling of helplessness. Though you hate to admit it, there's nothing you can do. Your fate lies in the hands of Loki Laufeyson. You aren't exactly able to fight back against anything. You have had good fortune thus far. But that can turn around at any moment. You shudder thinking about it.

"Now, now, what did I tell you? You need not be frightened of me, dear." You shift as much as you can and face the ground. You feel Loki's gaze boring through you like a bullet. "I do intend on keeping my word. I did promise you'd be unharmed." Do you honestly expect me to believe that? You don't respond, not knowing how to do so.

Suddenly, his fingers are under your chin, pulling it up gently. "I swear I will not hurt you, [Y/N]." You make eye contact, your eyes wide. You bite your lip to stop it from trembling. Loki shows no signs of hostility. Only concern. His eyes hold kindness, his lips are curved in a sympathetic smile. How can he look so concerned when he's the reason I'm here?

"Please, at least tell me why I'm here," you say in your trembling voice.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. Not yet, at least."

"W-why?"

Loki sighs. "It's...complicated. You'll understand one day." Loki smiles kindly at you. "But, I swear, on my mother, I will not hurt you, nor will you be hurt by others. You're safe here, with me, protected."

On his mother? You think back to everything Thor told you about his family dynamic. I think he said Loki and Frigga were close before Frigga was killed. You push back other thoughts that threaten to overtake you, thoughts you would prefer to not have.

"But I'm safe at home," you mutter quietly.

"Your friends would try to protect you, yes, but they can't. They're brutally unprepared. I know what is to come, and I can keep you safe."

"Why do you want me safe? Why protect me?"

"I know you must be tired of hearing this, but now's not the time."