Chapter Ten

Warnings:
Kidnapping
Captivity
Unconscious
Non-Consensual Touch (Non-Sexual)
Pet Names
Nightmare

Watching Sleeping Person
Crying
Lima Syndrome

Scott's POV

Darn it, darn it, darn it! We were so close! But we failed [Y/N] again! Darn it! The Avengers load off the quinjet in the Compound's hangar. They go inside the main Compound in defeat. Scott and Thor are in front. They take a turn and see something shocking. "What the?!" Scott says angrily. Thor doesn't say a word. He throws his hammer at what is causing the disturbance as the others walk in.

The problem? Two people showed up unexpectedly.

Loki and [Y/N]. [Y/N] is asleep on the couch. She most likely fell unconscious. Scott has his doubts that she could comfortably sleep while in Loki's presence. Loki is sitting on the couch's arm rest. Mjolnir goes flying through the air and straight through Loki, or rather the illusion of Loki. If Loki is an illusion, then so is [Y/N].

"The heck are you doing?" Scott demands of Loki.

"Showing you exactly how our friend here is faring," Loki answers.

"Why?" Thor asks in fury.

"Because clearly you think I'm going to do something horrible to her when I have no intention to. None whatsoever. She's my guest."

"Uh huh. And I was Hydra's guest for seventy years," Bucky snaps back, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I am nothing like anyone from Hydra. I intend to save your world, not conquer it."

"Not like every other time you've been here?" Steve says with a cold intensity.

Loki rolls his eyes. "I would've been perfectly fine with diplomacy, but no, you all have to jump to conclusions every few seconds. You're impossible."

"We don't negotiate, Elsa," Tony says, once again giving Loki a nickname.

Loki rolls his eyes. "You're proving me right. But let's return to the matter at hand. [Y/N] here has been doing marvelously." Loki turns to Bruce. "You're a doctor. Prove me right." He gestures for Bruce to step closer and examine [Y/N]."

Bruce cautiously approaches [Y/N], carefully watching Loki before he studies her. "She's a bit pale and sweaty, though those physical symptoms could very well have psychological causes. Her breathing is typical for sleep. She seems to be sleeping peacefully. Though she doesn't look very well rested. Again, that could be completely psychological. She could be suffering from insomnia, or even require more sleep than normal. Or maybe she normally sleeps restlessly, unlike now, and doesn't rest enough. Or she could be stopping herself from sleeping, scared of what could happen when she's asleep, or a number of other explanations. She doesn't seem to have any injuries. Except her wrists. They are slightly chafed, though it's hardly concerning. I would expect them to be in a worse condition than they are, being tied up for over a week. Her ankles and upper arms probably look very similar. It looks like she's hydrated and eaten enough." He sighs. "From what I can tell, while the symptoms [Y/N] is displaying can be caused by physical exertion, they can also be caused by psychological distress. I wish I could say more, but...." He lets his sentence trail off as he slowly moves his hand to set it on [Y/N]'s shoulder, knowing his hand will go right through her.

[Y/N] recoils, gasping, backing herself toward the back of the couch. "Don't touch her!" Loki says with agitation. Bruce slowly steps away, surprised by [Y/N]'s reaction. "It is rather unsettling to be touched in this form, much more so when asleep, unaware you're in this form, or the first time you're in this form, all of which describe [Y/N]," Loki explains as he stands up, lifts [Y/N] into his arms, and sits down with her on his lap. Scott feels a new surge of anger as he watches Loki hold her. [Y/N] huddles against Loki's chest as if hiding from some unseen threat. Loki's arms wrap around [Y/N] protectively as he softly murmurs to her. "There, there, you're safe, little hero. There's no need to worry. I'll protect you."