1.4 The Fortune Teller (Scene 1)

Katara and Sokka were fun people, Asha decided, watching the duo try to catch a fish that had been jumping out of the water.  They were lively and exciting, if a bit obnoxious at times, but she had come to accept them flaws and all, just as they accepted her. 

Well, her and Gumi, the dragon currently behind her with his head low enough she could wipe his horns with a damp cloth. Said dragon had been clingy since reconciling with his flier, previously alone for a hundred years, and Asha had been just the same-- taking great care in shining his scares and claws. 

Appa was beside them too, groaning for pats every once in a while, along with the lemur, Momo, who Asha had recently been introduced too. Said lemur was currently perched on her shoulder, paws gently playing with strands of hair, only to take off as, who she assumed to be, Aang came closer. 

"How much cleaner can those horns get, Ash?" 

"It's what I'm trying to find out." She laughed, using the tip of her finger to dig out any dirt in the grooves of the tan horns.  True to to her instinct, it was Aang who came up behind her, hands reaching to move her hair to the side as he strung something along her neck. 

"If you're going to try and kill me, I wouldn't recommend doing it in broad daylight."

Aang chuckled before gently turning her to face him, her hair falling back in the normal curvy waves. He nodded in satisfaction as her fingers raised to attentively trace the added accessory, a smile etching onto her face as her finger dipped into the grooves and crevices of the choker.  A small flower, dainty petals brushing against the middle part of her index finger, rested in the middle, most likely one of the ones littered around them (If she had to guess, they looked like Chocolate Cosmos).  Aang allowed her to move to the river they were camping next too, watching as she awed at the necklace-- pride bubbling in his chest as she examined it in awe. 

"Did you tangle the fishing line?" Sokka yelled, knee deep in the water with his pants rolled up. 

"It's not tangled, woven." Aang huffed, eyes never leaving Asha as she stood. She walked closer to him, a gentle hand on his shoulder as she gave him a smile. "Thank you. It's gorgeous."

Before Aang could reply, Sokka beat him to it. "Maybe you can go into the jewelry making business instead of saving the world!" 

"Why can't I do both?" He snapped back, smirking as Sokka failed to catch the fish yet again before turning to Asha, who looked back at him at the same time. "It's nothing. You look great." He beamed, cheeks flaring a bright red, the other air bender's doing the same as she bashfully hid away.

"Smoochie, smoochie! Someone's in love!" Sokka teased, puckering up to the fish he finally had in his grasp. Both air benders flushed bright red as they stuttered over their words, turning away from each other as the fish slapped Sokka with a fin before swimming off. 

"Knock it off, Sokka. I'm sure they're just good friends." Katara teased, petting Momo as she watched the meltdown of the two teens, who were both still bright red. Aang had opened his mouth to speak only for him to be cut off by a loud growl. Both air benders grabbed their staffs before running towards the sound, watching a man dodge swipes from the angry animal. 

"Nice day, isn't it?" He greets, smiling as he evades another swipe. 

"Make noise, it'll run off!" Aang yelled, trying to avoid using his bending lest he his the man. He holds an arm in front of Asha, whether to protect her or stop her from running in he isn't sure, while Katara and Sokka run up behind. 

"No, play dead , he'll lose interest!" Sokka piped, contradicting what Aang just said.  

The bear swipes again, only missing by a small margin, making the man laugh.