Sozin's Comet Part 3; Into the Inferno

Gumi soared along the sky as the fiery comet flew behind them; the tail alone looking more dangerous than any fire bender below the dragon and his rider. There was still no word from Aang, but Asha still had a job to do with or without her boyfriend.  

Looking down, the girl swallowed tightly before patting Gumi and grabbing her staff. With an added twirl, she allowed the wings to fall out before jumping off the dragon. He continued on without her, most likely going to the air ships for air support, as Asha used her glider to make a graceful landing. 

Once her feet make contact with the ground, it all becomes much to real to the girl as the fire and ash rain around her. She can feel it in her gut, the twisting and knotting of her stomach. The tight clutch of her heart pounding within her chest. All of it.  She was beyond nervous, beyond scared, and not at all ready. But it didn't matter now. It was too late for her to go back now.  

Taking a few steps, she's quickly forced to steady herself as the Earth around her rumbles, Earth rising and propelling itself to it's benders desire. 

"Aang!" She's quick to make the connection, a smile adorning her lips as she watches, but it only enforces the thought that she couldn't back down now. Aang was fighting his battle, it was time for Asha to fight hers. 

Placing her staff in a holster on her back, Asha kneels so her fingertips can brush along the dirt underneath her. Closing her eyes, she releases a breath, allowing her Earth bending side to help.

She can feel everything from warriors getting hit and going down, to animals trampling over the dirt in angry, blind rages.  But thats not what she's looking for. Shaking her head, Asha shuts her eyes even tighter as she drags her fingers along the dirt. From that action alone she can feel a human (presumably female, as the stomps of steps aren't that loud) scurrying further away. There was no way she could be certain, but so far, this was the only lead Asha had. 

If Fire Lord Ozai was fighting Aang, then Aki couldn't have been far. 

With that reasoning, Asha quickly stood, silently sprinting in the direction the footsteps were coming from. Her head remained snapped up as she ran, eyes open and scanning for any sign of the red head. She was almost disappointed until she heard another pair of footsteps coming from the left.

Turning her body as she skid to a stop, Asha could now clearly see who the footsteps belonged too.  Their eyes clashed as they stared at each other, tensions looming over the two. Aki's bright red hair was tied up once more in a ponytail, but was not nearly as neat as last time. It seemed unkempt and singed at the edges. But it seemed to suit her. Bags were under the elders eyes and her wrinkles almost seemed amplified. 

"You. You... Ruined my life!"  Aki snarls like a feral animal, her voice torn and raw. 

"I ruined your life?" Asha had a slight chuckle in her voice as she stares, bewildered. 

"I worked my entire life to be at the top, and I had it for a delicious minute. Do you know why I had it?!" Aki stares, a dangerous giggle escaping past her chapped lips. "I had it, because you were dead! D-E-A-D! Dead! And then you and that boy just had to come back!" 

The elder seams to let out an war cry of sorts before firing a ball of her respective element at the poor girl in front. Asha dodges with an effortless flip before throwing her fist to the ground. Shock waves of Earth fly from where her fist made contact with the earth; rocks and debris flow like a bad wave pool.  They do nothing but momentarily throw the red head off balance, which allows Asha to move in closer. With a flick of her wrist, Asha's fists are soon encased in the buttery yellow flame that she's come quite acquainted with, the heat not harming the younger at all.  

She goes to throw a punch, but Aki must have seen it coming as she rolled out of the way, forcing the flame fist to break the ground where her head once was, cracks expanding from the point of impact. Bringing up a foot, Aki kicks the brunette off, watching as she flies back rolling to a kneel. 

"Come on, Princess Asha; Onsra Asha. Show me, show the world what you have to offer!"  Aki stands quickly, her lips turning into a deranged smile. Aki swipes her hand under her hip, firing a line of fire at Asha, who quickly redirects it to collide with the rock below her.  Firing a boulder towards the elder, Asha frowns as she lands, the familiar pang of pain hitting her. 

Comparable to a contraction, the pain travels in waves up her spine, rounding her head like a bad headache. Asha stands strong though. She will not let the spirits win. She will not give Aki the pleasure of seeing her in pain. She will not let this beat her.  

She tries to hide her grimace as another wave barrels through her, but Aki sees right through, smiling brighter if possible. 

"Seems the stories are true. Huh, who'da thunk." Aki charges after her little sarcastic comment. Her fists and feet erupting in flames as Asha falls to a knee. The pain become a littler over unbearable. 

With a fierce hit, Asha is sent flying back into a column of rock, yet another wave of pain hitting her. This time she releases a whine before quickly ducking, avoiding a ball of fire that was sent after her.  Her brows furrow in concentration as Asha can feel a warm liquid fall down her forehead. Using a hand to quickly wipe away the blood, Asha stands again, though not nearly as tall as she once did. 

"Aw, is the little Onsra getting tired? Seems I might have to put you to bed. Permanently." Aki chuckles darkly before allowing her fists to erupt in flames once more, charging at Asha once again. 

But before she can do anything more, Asha's vision goes white. 

**** 

SO SORRY! It's been sooo long but I'm back! Lots have things have happened since you've seen me. Finals (Which gave my final grade ten average an 80%, meaning a get part of a scholarship),  there was a tornado (which luckily didn't hit my town, just scared me), just overall had some good times.  

I really hope you like this chapter, and I promise the next one will come a little quicker.  After that though, this book might come to a close. I for sure want to do an epilogue, but I think after that, Aang and Asha's story might come to a close.  You guys said you wanted a Q&A for them too. So I'm starting that here!

 If you have question for Aang, Asha or any one in their group, feel free to ask them here, the next chapter or the epilogue! I'll say the closing date for the Q&A on the epilogue when it's posted but for now, ask as many questions as you want!

~Slain Insanity~

-XoXo-