2.17 Avatar day

Laying wide awake on Gumi's side, Asha felt her eyes droop with fatigue, despite the fact that she had been trying to sleep for hours now. Ever since her visions at the swamp, sleep had just not come easy for her. The words her parents said, the words the red head (who even was she?) said, and more importantly, the words Aang  had said all echoing in her brain on repeat.  She knows that it wasn't the real Aang, but it felt so real.  Every time she thought about it brought heartache and tears to her eyes.  She regrets telling him about her betrothing; then letting him just let her go. Regrets prying herself from tradition, even if the selfish part of her wanted nothing but freedom.

The blonde also didn't help, racking her brain just as often as the others. He used water to protect her, then continued to save her from the...Person attacking her. Was he supposed to help her?  She didn't know. Honestly, she just wanted to forget the swamp entirely. 

She glances over to watch Momo paw at Sokka's mouth, lips twitching when the boy shoots up, spitting out whatever Momo had been grabbing at.

"What are you doing in my mouth!" Sokka pauses as he watches Momo chew on the bubs absently. "Momo, you need to be a little more sensitive to my boundaries." 

Momo chitters and jumps onto Sokka's face, Asha sitting up silently, looking around her as soft sound is heard.  Immediately she is on the defense, ears straining to what she originally heard

"Ash-" 

"Shh!" She shushes the water tribe boy, looking to a group of trees in front of her, she then glances to the boy sleeping on Appa, who slowly opens his eyes.  They shoot open as galloping is clearly heard, glancing over to Asha who looks back to the trees. Everyone looks over though as a fire nation rhinoceros jumps from the trees, landing with a thud. More and more appear around them, until a final one emerges with a cruel looking soldier perched on top, his nose ring glimmering in the light. 

"Give up! You're completely surrounded!" The man shouted, authoritative.  The four rhinos, Asha counted, circled the kids as an archer pulled three flaming arrows on his bow, firing the arrows that pin Sokka, who was trying to caterpillar away. Asha jumps onto the stump he was on, pulling him out of the sleeping bag, and pulls out of the line of fire of more arrows. 

"Come on, come on, come on!" Sokka yells, Asha helping him onto Gumi's saddle before handing Zulu to him, who allowed the raptor to bury herself in his arms.

Katara runs to Appa only to skid and look back to the stump she slept on. "My scrolls!" Asha whips back, looking to the stump. Jumping in front of Katara, waving her back to Appa, she runs to the stump. Twirling her staff, Asha bends an orb of air towards the soldier, knocking the soldier off the stump.  Grabbing the box of scrolls, Asha holds it to her chest as the soldier behind her grabs his weapon, finally getting up.

Asha nearly falls as she feels the ground shake, looking over to find a tree pulled over, Aang air bending himself over the log. Wincing as he bats a stick of dynamite into the further forest, Asha runs to Gumi, box in hand as Katara gives her a thankful smile.

By the time Asha is ready to go, Aang is back on Appa, yelling for him to fly. Gumi follows as Appa takes flight. Tightening one side of the reigns, Gumi turns so he's upside down, flying over Appa. Sokka falls onto Appa's saddle as Asha passes the scrolls to Katara with no effort, lackluster almost as she takes Zulu back-- Gumi turning right side up as a fireball fires past them, the siblings yelling in terror as Asha grips her staff.

"Wait, my boomerang!"  Sokka yells, looking over the saddle to the deserted campsite.

"I got it!" Asha turns Gumi, getting ready to fly into the war zone.